Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400C10Q-16GTX + Gigabyte Sniper M5 1.0 + i7-4770k Haswell

Hello,
    Updated from AMD to Intel after 13 years, and overall I am happy with the change. However, after doing as much research as I knew how I cannot get RAM to run at advertised speeds. It is the RAM that G.Skill recommends, it is on the Intel and Gigabyte QVL charts, so I do not know where the problem lies.

When I go into BIOS and set XMP to Profile 1, set SPD to 2400 - the timings are set to 10-12-12-31 with a voltage of 1.65, so I Save & Exit, and after that I cannot get the system to boot into Windows 7 64bit. I am running the CPU at stock speeds, have not adjusted any voltages, except for bumping RAM from 1.50 to 1.65v.

I don't know what other settings to change/look at, and I don't want to cause damage so here I am- asking the experts for help.

All your help is appreciated!

Edit: Here is what my RAM settings look like when I configure it for advertised speeds. I have current F7 BIOS for my board. I didn't copy down the Miscellaneous settings because they're about a mile long, so if theres a setting in that list I need to report for better advice please let me know.

X.M.P. Profile1
    Profiles Disabled
    Multiplier 24
    Frequency 2400MHz

Enhancement Normal
    Timing Manual
    Voltage 1.65v
    Channel Interleaving Auto
    Rank Interleaving Auto

Standard Timing
    ----------------

CAS 10
    tRCD 12
    tRP 12
    tRAS 31

Advanced Timing
    ----------------

tRRD 7
    tWTR 10
    tWR 16
    tWTP 27
    tWL 7
    tRFC 193
    tRTP 10
    tFAW 26
    Command Rate 2

Misc Timing
    ------------
    Last edited by Gopherboy129; 08-15-2013, 06:22 PM.

Hm, that sounds kinda familiar. In fact, i just read pretty much the same story from another guy over at the official GIGABYTE forums in Germany. However he did state, that his DDR3-2400 kit was fine before upgrading to F7. There might be a problem with the latest release? If possible try one or two of the earlier versions... Best of luck!
    Last edited by emissary42; 08-15-2013, 07:46 PM.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I started with F4 BIOS and had same issues so I updated to latest and figured it must be with my timings.

Comment

Will need an OC of the CPU to run 2400 try 4.0 or 4.1 and see

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X