F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL + ASUS P9X79 PRO + i7-3930k + 4005 Bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL + ASUS P9X79 PRO + i7-3930k + 4005 Bios

hello, ive spent 2 days battling with getting this rig up and running, just got windows installed and crashes/completely shuts down on its own. it would absolutely do nothing on the xmp setting, but got windows installed on stock 1333 settings with all 4x8G sticks. ive tried under XMP settings: bumping dram to 1.5, VCCSA=1.1 & 1.2 and numerous others...it wont even boot pass the bios. (i should mention i have not changed dram ref cycle time-which ive heard of doing). What is strange is that after a crash, i turn it back on, and in the bios it shows overclocking to 4.5 and a bunch of other settings not matching what i entered and saved. wth? ive been running the sticks on memtest for hours now with no errors whatsoever, and will report back in a few hours and post the results. if anyone out there has any suggestions to help get this thing running smoothly, ill buy ya a beer!

If new, chances are good the BIOS is out of date, might check and if need be update the BIOS, if still problems, post up the BIOS settings under XMP

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

all hardware is brand spankin' new. the BIOS is the newest release from ASUS.

below is a shot of the settings that appear in the bios immediately following a crash, which are not set by me, following clearing CMOS and setting everything to AUTO:

Comment

below are shots of settings to AUTO, which allows it to boot into windows sometimes, but crashes randomly and is extremely unstable:

Comment

below are shots of XMP profile 1, settings are correct for this RAM 10-10-10-30 1.5V, nothing adjusted at all from XMP profile...with this setting, it will not even boot past BIOS. when i hit F10 to save and exit, i hear a beep, then it shuts down immediately, doesnt re-boot:

Comment

Can you post the DRAM Timings (both base and advanced)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

below are DRAM timings in AUTO mode:

below are DRAM timings in XMP mode:

...and i just noticed the timings are wrong in the auto mode...duh!

Comment

Is this under XMP? or is it at default? Let's try base at 10-10-10-30, DRAM voltage at 1.55, CR (DRAM Command Mode) at 2, VTTCPU voltage at 1.15, VCCSA voltage at 1.1, and DRAM Ref Cycle Time (tRFC) at 255

Tman

Comment

the upper shot in post above is under default auto settings. the lower shot is under XMP. the settings you just suggested resulted in crashing at windows load screen when entered under default auto profile, as well as XMP profile. have anymore suggestions? the results of memtest86 found zero errors in 14 passes of the ram sticks individually, so i should be good there.

Comment

With your set, something then is screwed up in the BIOS, with XMP enabled it should be placing the proper timings in the base, which are 10-10-10-30....might try the same I indicated before and change the VTTCPU and VCCSA to 1.2 and possibly take tRFC to 278

Tman

Comment

still having crashes...have any other ideas? ive got a 850w power supply so i should be fine in that area. this is so frustrating!

Comment

Both ways crashing before even getting to Win? Will see if I can dig up someone with this set and get back to you, prob Mon

Tman

Comment

thanks for your help man...i really appreciate it!

Comment

Haven't gotten any responses yet, but had an idea, have you tried with but 2 sticks...and if so, what timings does it show in the advanced section

Tman

Comment

upon entering bios following a crash with 2 sticks of ram, with all settings to auto, advances timings were set to 9-9-9-24-1T. i changed them manually to 10-10-10-30-2T with the rest on auto running in 1333MHZ mode, except for DRAM voltage to 1.55V, VTTCPU 1.15V, VCCSA 1.1V....crashed after about 10 seconds into windows loading screen.

im beginning to think i have in infamous bad p9x79 pro board, and am hovering my cursor over RMA on newegg.com...

have any suggestions for another board besides asus? this hiccup is costing me thousands in CAD jobs that arent going to be completed in time!

Comment

Working...
                              X