Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1866C10D-16GAB + P8Z77-V LK + Intel i5-3470

Hello,

Recently built a number of workstations with parts sourced from a well-known online retailer.

We've been having issues with the new builds completely locking up within the OS. The RMA period with the retailer has expired, so no options there.

I've essentially narrowed it down to compatibility between the motherboard and RAM. Asus told me to stick only to RAM on their QVL and won't provide any additional assistance since it's not on their list.

As you can tell in the title, here is the current setup:
    • RAM: F3-1866C10D-16GAB
    • Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V LK
    • CPU: Intel i5-3470

I have already enabled XMP profile, and have noticed that on some machines, the MemOK! LED is illuminated, while on others, it is not. The issue is intermittent and does not provide any errors in any logs.

Am I stuck here as far as needing to buy new RAM for all of these systems or can they be configured properly to avoid these freezes? Thanks in advance.

Need an OC to run 1866 2x8, since the 3470 can't really be OCed, best bet would be to make sure you have the latest BIOS, enable XMP then raise the VCCSA to about 1.016, the VTT voltage to about 1.14 and the DRAM voltage to 1.55 and give that a try. Another option would be to drop them to 1600 at 9-10-9-27 with stock voltage. Try those and see what happens, as far as Asus, that's about their standard line, they basically test at the mobos default (1333 or 1600) and basically just turn it on. Even if you had sticks on the QVL they prob would look for a way to blow it off i.e. See my info post here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Need an OC to run 1866 2x8, since the 3470 can't really be OCed
      not with this mobo.. that is for sure.
      so yeh, I think the solution would be to downclock the ram to 1600 speed..
      and when doing so, Tightening timings wont be a big lost(if at all)..

Comment

Performance wise, very little, with the tighter timings, where you lose a little something is the overall available bandwidth, but with 16GB, it prob won't be even noticeable

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your replies, guys.

Could I apply the same fix to the following RAM using the same motherboard/CPU combination?

F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL

These users are experiencing the same issue.

EDIT: If I should create a new thread rather than asking here, please let me know. Not looking to violate any policies.
          Last edited by nosluoc; 04-04-2013, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Yes, then if stable, can try lowering the voltages a tad while maintaining stability

Tman

Comment

Thanks again for your help.

To clarify: if I were to drop the 1866 systems to 1600 and clock them at 9-10-9-27 using stock voltages, I should be alright. (This is without using XMP, just selecting 1600 and then altering the timings) For the 1600 systems experiencing the same issues, I can simply clock them exactly as above and I should be alright as well.

Comment

Would think so, give it a try and any problems give us a shout

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X