Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSkill F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL and Asrock x79 Extreme4M

Hi all,

My new system occasionally freezes (ca. once per week). The desktop is still visible, but the system does not react on input or mouse movement anymore.

I fear that this is due to a ram issue or maybe due to a compatibility issue of ram and mainboard.

memtest did run twice without errors, but in a third round there were strange characters all over the screen. However, memtest did continue running.

I have 16GB GSkill F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL and an Asrock x79 Extreme4M with a Intel i7 3930. Anybody knows about an issue with this combination?

I'm surprised that although the G.Skill website states that the GSkill F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL is compatible with the Asrock x79 Extreme 4 M (see http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=427), however, the asrock x79 Extreme4M website does not list the GSkill F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL in their compatiblity list. So is the ram compatible or not?

Could incompatiblity be the root of the problem? Or is there a defect ram?

Thx for your help!

Could be a lot of things, might make sure you have the latest BIOS, ensure all mobo drivers are up to date. With the DRAM enable XMP and select the 1600 profile. Might add + 0.05 to the DRAM voltage. If problems persist, let us know and post up you BIOS settings, As seldom as it is, I doubt it's the DRAM, but never know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X