Random Freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Freezing

Ok, from what you can see in the title, my computer keeps freezing. I have already RMA'd or upgraded every piece of hardware on the system, and it stil freezes. I am thinking that it may be something with the voltage settings on my motherboard, as I also see some weird settings on the memory as well. Anyone know what's wrong

System Hardware :
    Intel quad-core Q8400
    ASUS Striker II Extreme
    RipJaws f3-1066cl9q-8gbrl (All 8GB are in)
    NVIDIA Gefore 550Ti 1GB (x2) SLI
    Creative Soundblaster Titanium (origional sound card also freezes with the computer)
    RAID card (not active)
    Cool Power Gamer Series 1080 (My PSU is in HD)
    Bul-Ray RE
    DVD-RW

Now I do have my motherboard on it's default settings. I also noticed that changing the voltage can sometimes help, it can also make my system freeze faster. It's obvious I need help manually configuring this. I'll post what my motherboard is doing now on auto

Memory is set at 9-9-9-24-1T (gskill says it's should be on 2T, but freezes faster)
    CPU PLL Voltage - 1.34
    CPU VTT Voltage - 1.52
    Memory Voltage - 1.64
    NB Voltage - 1.32
    SB Voltage 1.4
    DDR3 Termintation Voltage .81

Yes, I do see the NB is set lower than the SB, but like I said before, I can't figure out the numbers myself. Please, any help is appreciated

First check that you have the latest BIOS. prob want SB, PLL and VTT on Auto, DRAM at 1.6, NB possibly to 1.37, will want 2T and am guessing the advanced timings may be off, could you post the settings for that

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I know I have the latest from ASUS 1402. But the rest I'll have to try. If my computer will boot, I'll also let you know about the other setting.

Comment

I'll be around, in and out every day

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Unfortunetly, the voltages don't seem to be working. When it comes to the advanced timings, what are those labeled as?

Comment

Generally there will be the basic DRAM timings, then there will be something like DRAM settings or something, when you select it, it will open another window with a list of DRAM timings

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X