Memory Upgrade Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Upgrade Help

Recently upgraded my system and ran into some gaming troubles. After some testing and research around the internet I landed on my problem, the new memory I ordered which isn't supported by my mobo. I'll assume its the memory because I went back to my Mushkin and everything has installed correctly. So I will be returning my Corsair and picking up some gskill memory. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231456

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k (Ivy Bridge) @ 3.50GHz
    GFX: GTX560 Ti
    Power Supply: 750w Corsair
    Mobo: ASrock Z68 Ext3 Gen3

Does it look like any of these parts will conflict with each other? The memory is on the mobo's supported list and a review from newegg states a customer was able to plug them in use the XMP to get them to 1866 and everything was swell.

If everything does look hunky dory then how would I go about getting the sticks at 1866 when I do get it? I have never tinkered with overclocking or anything of that sort but g.skill seems fairly confident that they can and will run at 1866 regardless of setup. I don't 'think' airflow or cooling will be a problem thanks to the fan setup and the ZALMAN 9900 cooler I'm using which is doing an amazing job of keeping the CPU at 40c under load.

Thanks
    Last edited by OsirisR; 07-09-2012, 07:32 PM.

Basically you can take the Mushkin you have and make sure you have the latest BIOS (update if not), then when you get the new sticks, power off, unplug, install the sticks, boot into BIOS, enable XMP and select the 1866 profile...and should be good to go.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. Also do you think it'd be possible to simply keep the 8gigs of Mushkin I already have in there or would it just be safer to take them out and stick with the g.skill?

Comment

It will one or the other, not sure which Mushkin sticks you have , but I'll take 16GB over 8GB anyday...and if the 1866 is faster than the Mushkins that's yet another advantage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That was dumb of me, don't know why I was thinking I bought just 2 sticks. I certainly wouldn't try to mix and match 2 mushkin and 2 g.skill :P Anyway thanks a bunch for the help trades I'll be sure to add a nice comment on your page.

Comment

No problem, let us know how it works for you

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X