Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZ, 1 defect module, sweden.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZ, 1 defect module, sweden.

So yeah a few months into my new systembuild, i keept getting a recouring bluescreen i couldnt get rid of. So i finally disabled autoreboot on bluescreen, and read what was the problem. And it said memory management, i realized that i had not yet preformed full memtest+ (memtest.org). And so i did, first with all 4 modules installed, i got about 40 thousand errors. After i tested each module separately and the first 3 passed flawlessly with 0 errors. The last module had a ton of errors, so i removed it and havnt gotten a bluescreen (memory management) again yet. So i contacted my vendor and they said that i have to send in the whole kit for RMA, i have no replacement memory to use while the kit is in RMA. I also read that gskill prefers the customer to preform diagnostics with a technician before sending out to RMA. So i figure that if i do this i could possibly only have to send the defect module.

So what kind of test/proof would i need to preform/acquire data with, to satisfy gskill rma?.
    And if i complete this test could i also just rma the single ram module that is defect, meaning i can still run my computer while RMA is ongoing?.

regards.

Based on your memtest results think they'll go ahead withan RMA, can contact them at RMA@gskill.com, and let them know where you are at, believe they have an RMA operation running out of the Netherlands now...can ref this thread as to your test, etc

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...2301#post62301

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X