Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacBook Pro and Phoenix Pro issues

Hi,

I have a 120 GB Phoenix Pro installed in a 2010 MacBook Pro with OS X 10.7.3. Have had it for little over a year (bought in december 2010), but only recently have I come to the conclusion that the problems I've been having may have to do with the SSD. They are:

--Computer will shut down when the battery reaches zero, instead of sleeping. I think this happened *before* I installed the SSD but I can't be sure.
    --Occasionally, I will get the flashing question mark on boot.
    --Occasionally, when I wake from sleep I get a spinning beach ball and I have to reboot.
    --Occasionally, closing the lid does not put the computer to sleep. This is very bad because I will wake it up hours later, it'll be scorching hot and almost out of battery.

What's frustrating is that aside from the first problem, they are all intermittent and do not happen with any regularity. Is there a firmware update that might address any of these issues?

you can try secure erase the SSD by:http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=6829

and re-install firmware 4.2: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7273 to see if the problem could be solved or not!

Comment

Thank you for the fast response. Unfortunately I do not have windows on my MacBook Pro. Is there a way I can secure erase and update the firmware without it?

I suppose I could open my Mac up, take the SSD out and put it in my PC, but I'd rather not.

Comment

please check the link again, you can burn it into a CD/USB disk to progress

2. Burn an ISO Image File to a CD or USB Disk

Comment

Thanks. One last question: The mac FW install guide link says, "non-nVidia chipset Mac system upgrade FW user guide." I have an Nvidia 320M graphics card in my MBP. Does this matter?

Comment

yes, just click the " non=nVidia chipset Mac system...... guide" and follow the set up will be fine.
            and the nVidia chipset means the motherboard chipset, not including graphic card!

Comment

Working...
            X