128gb Falcon 2 possible rma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 128gb Falcon 2 possible rma?

Hi, I have a gskill falcon 2, recently when under hard use, ~5MB/s download and watching 720p movies the computer would lock up for up to a minute at a time then sometimes start working again.

It then got even worse just freezing and needing rebooting when just watching movies.

I just used the 1916 firmware to clean the SSD and then reinstalled the 2030 and while the computer seems quicker I'm still seeing lots of bad numbers in the SMART data.

This has increased already quite a bit while writing this and uploading the img

Thats after only redoing the firmware and reinstalling windows.

Is it time for me to rma?

Also I'm not sure exactly how long ago I purchased the disk, and since I'm currently using the computer to post this I think my serial number is either 0123456789abff83a006 or dcgs12070e52f0001.

If those aren't correct I'll open the comp up and check again.

Small update with some extra info.

This is in an Asus K52 laptop running the latest bios. I also installed HDtune as it seemed a few other people here use it. A full error scan completed at 118MB/s with all sectors ok but in the health tab it did have a warning for C7.

Comment

after all windows updates completed and I updated the drivers and stuff I can now view a 14gb 1080 mkv while copying to the ssd at 35MB/s over the lan so I think my problems are fixed.

Having said that should I still be worried about the SMART errors?

Comment

in fact, you don't have to worry about the SMART errors too much, but don't forget back up the important data because once the SSD getting failure, all of the data could not be save by any ways. however, if you still worry about it, still can send it back for RMA, we will replace for you under the warranty!

Comment

Working...
        X