Not able to find device when upgrading to 2030 firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to find device when upgrading to 2030 firmware

Ok guys im losing the plot here ive spent 2 days trying to get this to work and having a nervous breakdown. I cant upgrade to 2030 saying no devices found.

Ive got the g skill falcon ssd 64gb -

So far

Bios finds my drive, its on sata port 1 (drive 0). Confirmed and found by windows as well.
    Transfered firmware to usb drive and created the boot usb drive.
    Bios showing IDE mode (it was always in this mode as i didnt rlease it was meant to be ACPI)
    Not used jumper - as stated in PDF
    But when i run the 64GB-1.exe it says 'no device found'.

Ive had a play with different ports but no joy.....is there anythign else i can do?

Im obviously doing something wrong as many of you are not having the same problem.

Thanks in advanced.

Do you currently have the 1916 ver of the firmware? If not may want to do that update first

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, i did finally manage to instal 19xx of the firmware. It took me a long time to get that one sorted as i had windows x64 on the SSD, and i had to reinstall windows on another drive so that the update firmware software could find it. Sucessfully updated to 19xx

But for the life of me i cannot get it to goto 2030, ive literally given up.

Comment

Might check the SATA cable (doubtful, but worth checking), could re-download the 2030 and set it up again on the USB, could also retry flashing 1916 and the go straight to 2030. Haven't really seen this problem before.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

To be honest, ive tried putting an image of windows back on and it failed, so ive spent all night reinstalling windows and updates etc, a right pain!!

If theres something not obvious that ive done then i think i'll leave it, im pretty sure i wouldnt benefit too much from 2030, im hoping 18xx to 19xx was more significant upgrade.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Ps i did try all sata possibilties etc....in fact, i managed to install dos on the SSD and run the upgrade from there, said 'cant find device' and im thinking well your on it and running the programme lol.

Comment

Sorry forgot to add, this is a documented problem in the pictures/run through of how to install....It just says at bottom, make sure if you get this message to check sata configuration.....which is not really helpful, as ive tried all known possibilities to me,

If im honest, in this day and age and to have awkward updates is just disappointing.....why did the 2030 need a different upgrade path? At least with 19xx i could run an executable in windows .

Itjust doesnt make sense.

Comment

Same problem here, I have given up, I even tried to install it on a second computer as a secondary drive. It doesnt work, period. If Gskill knows how to do this please advise, I love Gskill products but please make them a little more customer friendly.

Comment

Achi

I forgot to say I am in ACHI mode .

Comment

Alan,

it says for the update 2030 to change to IDE mode in bios. This didnt work for me as i was already in it to begin with. So god knows what.

But for the vast majority of sensible people, you would of set bios to AHCI before install windows on SSD.

But for the purposes of the upgrade they wanted you to set it to IDE mode.

See if that helps?

Comment

Hi soc3chappd:
                    I guess I should have been more explicit. When I installed my OS ( Windows 64 bit Ultimate) I installed it in Achi mode. You cannot go back and put it in IDE Mode and expect it to work, ( even though I tried it.) Once you have downloaded all the IRST drivers and set your rig up to ACHI , thats it. Why in the world would GSkill make their firmware update to 2030 in IDE mode when they know everyone and their freakin brother who builds a computer will use ACHI. No SSD will run right in IDE mode. Especially SATA111 SSDs. If this is their idea of R&D I am going to have to rethink my SSD purchases in the future. I have a few other brands and their firmware process is nowhere near this complicated. I am not GSkills test bed. I paid good money for these products and I dont like being a beta tester on my money.

Comment

Yeah i understand that, but they want you to boot into MS DOS from a USB dongle, not run windows 7 etc. So IDE mode shouldnt matter to you whilst your updating firmware. I assume once its flashed you can revert back to AHCI mode.

What i dont get is , why you need to use jumper to flash firmware from 18xx to 19xx, and that was updatable in wndows, but from 19xx to 20xx, you need some pre historic ms dos thing with no jumper setting.....very very strange.

If you change bios to read IDE mode for sata, your right it wont load windows 7, but if you create an bootable USB stick as in instruction, you will boot into a windows 98 MS dos, and then run the exectuable, it might find your drive.

Like i said ive had no luck what so ever. Good luck .

PS i know what you mean, i am considering buying a new 128SSD and will check the forums first for ease of firmware updates!! Been put off buying a G falcon one.

Comment

Working...
                      X