Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Sniper

Hello all,

I went to fire up my rig and bios was very slow to load and then said no o.s. I restarted and noticed that the Sniper was not listed. checked inside of bios, again very very slow load, and no Sniper. OK, no prob, I'll just run an XP shell and secure erase my ssd. Except no ssd detected in shell or in dos mode.

Moved ssd to 2ndary rig and again no ssd and very slow boot. Is it dead? The reason I'm asking is that for the last year it has been running in an amd system but I just put together an intel system with 2500k and 68 chipset. Now I'm reading about a sandforce cold boot bug and other concerns with the 67/68 chip set.

Thanx for any help.

Do you have it in the new system using the same mode as in the the AMD system? i.e. it may not want to see it if you had it set up in the AMD using IDE mode and the new system may be looking as set for AHCI

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. The system it is currently in had no problems detecting it last week. It is an old dfi 600sb. There is no program that will detect the drive in any environment. Normal windows, shell, or dos. It is doing exactly the same thing on two completley different systems. Very slow boot and then non detection. It hangs trying to find the ssd. Remove the ssd and all is fine. There were no problems to this point. It just stopped working.

Comment

A possible would be that the SATA cable has gone bad or even the power cable has, wouldn't count on either, but worth checking

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Nope, I use a cable and ps from my backup. So two totaly different systems. I dis connect my hdd on my backup and use those cables. When I do a secure wipe I want no mistake in drives to occur. Two completely different systems, same problem.

Comment

Hopefully, GSkill will be tonight or Monday, they may have a better idea

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X