Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon ii 218gd

Hello,

I bought last year a FALCON II SSD and installed it into my PowerBook as main drive. It ran without any problem for almost one year.

Once it went full (I presume really full) and then my macBook was unable to detect it anymore. When I want to flash the firmware, the drive is detected neither by Windows nor by MacOS. To flash the firmware, I install the SSD at the internal SATA bus into my laptops.

Is there any chance I can recover my GSkill SSD ?

Thanks for your answer,

Patrice

If the MACBook doesn't see it, might try installing in a desktop and see if data can be pulled, deleted, and then back to the MAC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

SSD recovered after having been installed into desktop

Thanks to You,

I attached my SSD to an internal SATA interface. Windows XP recognized it as YATAPONG BAREFOOT-ROM with a jumper.

The data were unfortunately erased and the firmware number was totally silly (o0a80). I was finally able to flash the firmware 2030. Almost 8Go of cells are dead.

My conclusion :
      1 - if you want to flash your firmware, don't try to use exotic laptop configurations. A basic XP config is far better.
      2 - take care of the free space. My SSD died when it went full.

Patrice

Comment

Good advice, thanks for sharing with the forums, every bit of info is appreciated

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X