Updating firmware from 1370 to 2030

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating firmware from 1370 to 2030

I had problems with my falcon 128 when I first visited the forum in 2009. At the time I tried to update the firmware, but couldn't. I recently tried to upgrade it again, and again couldn't. The downloads for the 1916 upgrade that I've used seem to be only for the 64gb drive. When I try the original 1916 upgrade, it recommends the 128gb drive, but doesn't list it. When I try the newer 1916 upgrade, it doesn't even recommend or list it. I have tried it with the jumper and without (system recognizes drive as Y... barefoot). I think the problem with this upgrade is that I don't have the files for the 128gb up grade. Is there a specific program for the 128gb? Also when I try to upgrade to 2030, it recognizes the drive, but when I specify the drive ( the only drive # is for the 128gb drive #1) on all 3 128gb upgrades it returns an error message. Sorry I meant to write down the exact message, but forgot. I think that if I can get through the cleaning/ upgrade for 1916, then I can go from there.

After what seemed like 20 or more failures, heres what I got to work.
    With the jumper removed ( stuck in barefoot mode )
    Created bootable thumbdrive (boots to dos), with extracted files for 1916 cleaning/ungrade. Also with extracted 2030 files. Created windows boot cd from sticky.
    Put drive in sata slot 0, and set bios to Ide mode.
    Booted from windows cd and ran "Upgrade_AP", and upgrade to 1916.
    Rebooted from thumb drive (dos mode) and ran 128GB-2 and upgraded to 2030.
    I ran both programs off of the thumb drive.
    I do not know if this would have worked with the jumper in, and not stuck in barefoot mode. Just glad that the firmware is upgraded.
    Now I hope that I can get some use from this drive 2 years after I bought it.

Comment

Working...
    X