can a SSD Crash ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can a SSD Crash ?

Hi guys i got a SSD Pheonix Pro 120GBP2, and in this last weeks my computer sometimes crash, just crash and dont show the famous BLUESCREEN... and i dont realize why it happen... and when windows load back i got severeal mensages saying "Explorer.exe stopped working" and i wait till it restart and computer works fine.

i dont know why it happen... i just updated it to firm 4.2 but minutes later it crashed, bahh i dont know what is going wrong with my system... sometimes crash, other times it just runs good.

ps: i already formated, but it stills the same.

thanks

Dear Customer
    Does the system crash before the firmware updated? Do you have another system available to try the SSD drive? Do you have any replacement parts such as memory/ hard drive which allow us to narrow down the issue from the motherboard/memory/SSD? The memory/motherboard/ Overclocking may cause Crash as well, please keep us posted, we will be here for you anytime, thank you

Comment

My rig is:

i7-920
      Gigabyte x58A-UD3R
      3x4gb G.skill sniper 1600 9-9-9-24 1.5v
      G.skill phoenix pro - FM25S2S-120GBP2
      WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500Gb for Storage.

this os my system...
      yes system crash before and after the firmware update, so im so confused... i dont know if is the SSD causing problems or my overclock...

OC running:
      i7-920 @ 3.2Mhz
      Qpi Link @ 2879 Mhz
      Uncore @ 3200Mhz

At the moment im running default settings without overclock to test it... but i was stable at 3.2Ghz, 1 year with OS in caviar black...

Thanks for the help

Comment

Dear Customer
        Please consider about update your bios to the latest version first, if already there will want to clear the CMOS first before any testing, you may please consider about run some test on Memory/SSD with default setting, i would prefer to start the test with memory first, you may memtest each individual module at a time to avoid the faulty module, and try the SSD at last, please feel free to let us know how it goes, thank you

Comment

My bios is on Version F6, F7L is Beta.
          today when i turned on my computer a Disk Repair started up to.. like for 5 minutes, and then rebooted and after it the computer booted perfectly...
          something is wrong with SSD... i dont know if is my configuration, or if is SSD dying with only 2 Months LOL !
          what i should use to test SSD?

Should i update my ICH Driver? and How?

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2166/asdqw.png

Mensage after crash:
          http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1084/asd3r.png

im running pc without overclock now, and it stills the same...
          Last edited by juao_s1lv4; 12-23-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I think one of my stick of RAM is just damaged... tested each stick with Memtest86 and one of it show's errors everywhere... from 0 to 4gb... i dont know why, but now im only running with 8gb of ram and all looks great, no explorer errors on startup and all programs booted fine..

maybe need to send 1 stick to warrantly.

Comment

Dear Customer

Sorry about the faulty stick, please contact our RMA department at rma@gskill.com for warranty replacement, thank you

Comment

Bios detect the stick, but its impossible to repair de RAM errors right ?

so i need to take it to warrantly?

Comment

Dear customer

Sorry about that, you may have to send it back for replacement, there is no other way to fix the module, sorry for your inconvenience, you have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
                  X