X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon SSD 128Gb not working anymore

Hello,

I have the following problem:
    I bought a 128Gb SSD Falcon hard drive in december 2009 in France (where I'm located).
    My OS is running on this SSD drive.
    Today, when using my PC, I had a blue screen of the death saying that there was an registry problem. The PC rebooted and then the OS couldn't be loaded.
    Now, when I'm trying to boot my PC, my SSD drive is not detected.
    Going to the BIOS, I can't see any SSD hard drive. I am running Win7 64bits.

Is there anything to do or my SSD drive is dead?
    Last edited by Fonou; 11-13-2011, 02:14 PM.

Hi

please using plug the jumper and try it again, if the SSD can't be detect in BIOS, which is mean the drive is dead and you need to send it back for RMA. if the SSD can detect by plug the jumper,
    please follow the steps as the sticky thread as well.

Comment

Another dead 128Gb Falcon (II)

Mine has also seemingly died (purchased at start of Nov 2009 so JUST out of warranty).

It is now appearing in the BIOS as a "YATAPDON G BAREFOOT-R" device now instead of the G Skill Falcon II.

My question is that my drive has 4 pins next to the SATA connector so which ones should I bridge so that I can try to do the clear/upgrade of the firmware (not that this would help with the data loss).

Comment

if you still can see "YATAPDONXXXXXXX" which is mean you don't need to send it back for RMA.

please taking a picture of the 4 pins because most of the produtcts were 2 pin, however, you can plug the two pin near by sata port.

once you clean the SSD and reinstall 1916 then 2030(firmware), all of the data will be erased.

Comment

Hello,

I just plugged the 2 pins and I have the same message as kaanage: YATAPDONXXXXXXX in the BIOS.
          So it means it's not broken but I lost all the data, right?
          So I do need to redo a clean install, is that correct?
          Last edited by Fonou; 11-15-2011, 02:22 AM.

Comment

if you plug the pin and the SSD will showing the jumper mode, all of the data will be detect, and this is the way to secure erase the drive. before you clean the drive, try to remove the jumper and plug your SSD to SATA0 or SATA1 port, set it as AHCI not IDE and try if your board can detect the SSD or not, if can't which is mean you need to clean and re-install as the stepup as the sticky thread.

Comment

Hello,

I plugged the jumper.
              When going on Windows, the hard drive is seen but I can't clean/upgrade the firmware.
              The gskill upgrade tool doesn't see it.
              When I try to format the drive, windows says that it's not possible (error message).
              Can you give me the exact procedure to do?
              If not, I bought the SSD in december 2009?
              Can I RMA it?

Comment

Hi Fonou

i was very sorry because you should set it as IDE mode not AHCI mode when plugging the jumper, i was typing too fast and made this mistake, please try again as IDE mode, if still couldn't working, send an email to: rma@gskill.com
                you still under warranty until the end of December.

Comment

Hello,

it's in IDE and when Windows sees it in the "computer management section" --> Disk management, I see the hard drive but as soon as I can't do anything with it.
                  The Gskill update tool doesn't see it.
                  I think it's deadly corrupted.

Comment

hi, please send it back for RMA, please contact rma@gskill.com and we will replace another one for you.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
                      if you still can see "YATAPDONXXXXXXX" which is mean you don't need to send it back for RMA.

please taking a picture of the 4 pins because most of the produtcts were 2 pin, however, you can plug the two pin near by sata port.

once you clean the SSD and reinstall 1916 then 2030(firmware), all of the data will be erased.
                      My Falcon looks like the normal ones except that it has 2 extra pins next to the ones the normal Falcons have.

I have tried applying the 1916 clean with all of the different 128Gb Falcon II firmware options and none of them work. I either get a crash in the clean program (error at host_actions.c 622) or it locks up my PC (Win XP SP3) and then reboots or sometimes both.

I have rechecked my records and it seems I actually purchased it in January 2010 so I am now looking for the actual purchase receipt

Comment

seems like the controller is defective, however, we will replace it for you and please contact with
                        rma@gskill.com
                        but the the purchase receipt is not the the requirement.
                        Last edited by G.SKILL; 11-23-2011, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Thankyou

I found my purchase receipt, anyway, so I have filled out the RMA form and emailed it to rma@gskill.com

I'm glad to be dealing with such a responsive support department.

Comment

this is our job, let us know if you have any problem! we can support as much as we can to deal with RMA department if you needed.

Comment

Working...
                            X