BSOD Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD Issue

My machine with Gskill Pheonix 128 had been running just fine. However, today my machine is bsod'ing. It boots up fine and I log into windows without issue. It appears to run for 10 minutes or so, and then the hard drive light indicator begins to blink and the machine bug checks with a stop code 0x000000F4. I am running the latest firmware and have not install anything new in the past month.

Anyone else seeing this type of behavior?

If I run in safe mode my system is stable.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

- Alex

Hi

this issue happened always? every time will cause BSOD after 10 mins or?

Comment

I will run for a little while, and then bsod. I turn the machine on, it loads up and sits idle. It eventually 10 minutes or so, crashes. I have verified the machine hardware is fine. Check the memory, no issues. I put back in my old IDE drive and the system runs fine.

- Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

please make sure that you are using latest version of motherboard BIOS.
        you can secure erase the SSD and reinstall the latest firmware, and let me know if you still have same problem or not!

Comment

I do have the latest ssd firmware.. Not sure about the motherboard bios, will check on that. Is there a doc on how to do a secure erase?

- Alex

Comment

you can using this for secure erase: http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=6829

and follow the set up with 4.2 firmware: http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7273

Comment

I am already at Firmware 4.2. THer are new drivers for my motherboard but no new firmware. I will update the drivers this weekend and see how that goes. Then I will secure erase it and reinstall..

I will let me you know.. May take me some time .

thanks for the help.

- Alex

Comment

Working...
              X