New Phoenix 240gb Pro Series Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Phoenix 240gb Pro Series Install

I just bought a new G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series FM-25S2S-240GBP2 2.5" 240GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD). I want to replace the 120gb SSD I have now. I want to use Acronis True Image to do this task. I have the Plus pack in ATI so it will image to disimilar hardware. Now where to start.

1. Make an Image of my 120gb hard drive and put in on my D drive ( data drive)
    2. Take out my 120 gb SSD and install the 240gbs Gskill
    3. Use a bootable Acronis media ( USB or CD) and boot to Acronis and image the file from my D drive to the new SSD

Does this sound like a plan or does it sound like I have no idea what I am doing?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by alan1476; 11-03-2011, 12:59 PM.

Nobody can give me any advice, I spent 495USD on this drive and I was hoping to get a few tips on installing it from an image on my data drive. I want the new GSkill to be my OS drive " C" . Like I said I am replacing a 120gb SSD for this 240gbs SSD. But I do not want to have to start from scratch if its possible.

Comment

Those are the correct procedures. On your original 120GB, did you install Windows with AHCI mode enabled? The SSD will perform best under this mode, so if you did not, it is best to install a fresh copy of Windows, then you can back up existing files and programs to move over to the new OS/SSD.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, Its a brand new Asrock Exteme4 mothertherboard and Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, installed in ACHI Mode. Thankyou for your response.

Comment

Perfect, then it should be a seamless move over.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

It was a seemless move over and I am bvery happy with my new 240gb SSD, like I said its not the fastest SSD but its the most reliable, I love it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Working...
            X