Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be worried about my SSD?

Hello,

I have a Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb. My first one failed and was sent in for an RMA about two months ago. I have had this new one for about six weeks. Today my computer shut down unexpectingly and I returned to a screen basically saying that the boot disk failed. I ran BIOS and the drive was not being recognized. It told me to insert the windows 7 installation disk and try a repair. The problem was my windows disk wouldn't even be recognized...so I was sort of stuck on what to do.

Out of despiration I tried unplugging my computer then unplugging the SSD and then reconnecting it again. I go to start my computer and to my own suprise windows boots up without a problem. What would cause this to happen? ...My cables are kinda squished by the computer case on the side that my disks are plugged in. Should I be worried that there is something wrong with the SSD or was it simply just a loose connecter?

Hi,

as you mentioned, the computer shut down suddenly, this kind of action may short the component or temporarily short your SSD(ELECTRICITY short), try to avoid this kind of shut down to protect your computer, it may burn your SSD's controller.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Ordering a UPS right now.

Comment

When you fire it back up what your temps also, could be high temps, could be a power surge, ...............

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Temps are good, I have really good cooling of my case. I have a relatively new (past year) surge protector. Everything is running great right now...will have my UPS by monday to protect against any future blackouts.

Comment

Working...
          X