Phoenix Pro firmware 4.2 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Pro firmware 4.2 Question

Whats the benefits & Disadvantage of upgrading firmware to 4.2? I have 60gb @ 2.1 & new 80g @ 4.0
    Please post your 4.2 experience Good or Bad Thanks

4.2 works fine for me. Also despite posts that say use the Windows default chipset driver instead of Intel, I found the latest Intel driver to work fine. I noticed a modest performance gain with 4.2 + latest Intel driver.

Comment

Ya, my Phoenix Pro 120gb is working great on 2.1.

Was also curious if 4.2 was worth it? Did you guys have to re-install OS?
      Intel i7 920@3.67 | Asrock X58 Extreme | 24gb G.Skill DDR3-1600 | EVGA GTX 550 Ti 1GB | G.SKILL Phoenix Pro FM-25S2S-120GBP2 120GB SSD & Samsung F4 2TB & Hitachi 3TB | Samsung & Lite-on DVD-RWs | Antec NSK6580 w/ Corsair TX850W | Samsung 941BW | Win7 Ultimate x64

Comment

not yet im afraid to upgrade it my ssd is in my OS they said you cant upgrade if you use it as an OS unless your planning to reformat.

Comment

you do not need to reload the os if you upgrade the firmware. i upgraded my 120gb sniper to 4.2 firmware without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by skitron View Post
            4.2 works fine for me. Also despite posts that say use the Windows default chipset driver instead of Intel, I found the latest Intel driver to work fine. I noticed a modest performance gain with 4.2 + latest Intel driver.
            Can you please elaborate on your post. I am using the generic windows driver, but have read here and there about some people using the Intel driver - what driver would that be? Why use it - is the generic windows driver lacking in some way that the Intel driver seems to improve on? How could an Intel driver work with my system given that it's in AMD platform (except the GPU), and that the SSD has nothing to do with Intel? I'm rather good with these things, but this one topic seems to confuse me to no end. Please be specific.
            AMD Phenom II X4 965BE @ 3.8Ghz
            Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 (Rev 2.1)
            Gigabyte GV-N56GOC-1GI GeForce GTX560 @ default factory OC (830/1660/4008)
            8GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 4x2GB @ 800Mhz
            Corsair 650TX psu
            Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
            G.SKILL Phoenix Pro 60GB SSD (firmware 4.2)& 5.5TB combined HDD
            Windows 7 Pro x64
            Samsung P2770 via DVI
            Case air cooled
            BIOS and drivers always up-to-date

Comment

Working...
            X