No announcement yet.

Post your GSkill drive benchmark result here please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will try to put ACHI mode this weekend and then install Windows 7 from a pendrive! and Ill tell you how it result! Any other suggestion about SATAs and disks in BIOS?

By the way, 3 partitions in this SSD would affect the speeds?

Thanks!

Comment

I've tried installing anything from pendrive but just cant seem to nail it
      Strange because OSX86 installs fine from DVDR, but windows didn't? (will have to try again)
      3 partitions shouldn't matter at all as the speeds are consistant across the entire disk

Will be finally getting around to installing Win7 RTM very shortly. Just been tying up loose ends

Comment

Originally posted by Kludge View Post
        I've tried installing anything from pendrive but just cant seem to nail it
        Strange because OSX86 installs fine from DVDR, but windows didn't? (will have to try again)
        3 partitions shouldn't matter at all as the speeds are consistant across the entire disk

Will be finally getting around to installing Win7 RTM very shortly. Just been tying up loose ends
        One thing after trying to install again Win7 with ACHI. How can I install Win 7 and then put ACHI mode in BIOS. As you said if I change now (I have isntalled now Win7) in BIOS to ACHI mode Win7 dont boot and crash and reboot again and again? How that stuff registry works?

Thanks for the help, because I am waiting an improvemente in that SSD!

Comment

Still can't find the article I was after, But if you google "AHCI post windows installation" I queried something like that. If i find it i'll be sure to post back

Comment

Sup guys. Here is what you want to do...

Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ ) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

To resolve this issue, enable the AHCI driver in the registry before you change the SATA mode of the boot drive. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Exit all Windows-based programs.
            2. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
            3. If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
            4. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Msahci
            5. In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
            6. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
            7. On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
            Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

Now reboot and go back into the BIOS and change SATA mode from IDE to AHCI. When you boot to the Windows desktop, you will see this:

Last edited by razerza; 07-29-2009, 10:52 PM.
            cutting edge?
            Intel Core i7 950 + Asus P6T X58
            3*2GB G.Skill PI Series 1600MHz CL8
            256GB Corsair P256 SSD (Samsung controller + 128MB cache) [OS]
            :: Note my G.Skill Falcon was sold ::
            2*1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 7,200rpm 32MB cache [Storage]
            2 x Asus EAH4890 in CrossFireX
            Dell UltraSharp 2707WFP 27" LCD A01 revision
            Asus Xonar Essence STX + Sennheiser HD650
            Windows 7 Professional x64

Comment

Thanks for the answer!! I change it in a minute

... but the results are worst ever:

I will return to IDE mode!

It will be a SSD problem or more probably Win7's? By the way, in Dispositives Administrator in ATA Channel 0 (SSD) is in Multi-Word DMA 2 Mode while ATA Channel 1 (Velociraptor) is in Ultra DMA 5. This can be the problem? How I changed the ATA Channel 0 to Ultra DMA 5?

Kludger How did you format the SSD disk. I did from Administrative Tools. Disk Administrator using 4k cluster size I remember (I think)?

How's the best way to format it?
              Last edited by Maeggor; 07-30-2009, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I used a DOS utility to clean, partition and align (1MB) the SSD and quick format it.
                Only thing I can think of why the speeds are so strange is that it needs "TRIMMING" ?
                I've read the only noticable way to know if you need to TRIM is through benchmarking.

4KB cluster size is fine BTW. Not installed win7 yet (busy watching "Enterprise" :lol

@Razera: Thats the exact version I used, great job!!!

Comment

What DOS Utility? What means align (1MB)? (I noticed that I have 63458035200 bytes of partitiong starting offset) Could you put me the exact commands did you use?

So after watching my benchmarks, do you recommend me to uninstall the SSD from my computer and put into other PC I have with another disk for the OS and from there formating, partitioning and then triming and after all this install again in my original PC and install Win7? (or its recoomended to make trimming with Win7 installed and doing this in another computer from another SO)?

Very Thanks for your time and answers!!!!
                  Last edited by Maeggor; 07-31-2009, 12:00 AM.

Comment

I have big problems with the perfomance of my 64gb Falcon. I run it on a AMD SB750 and the results are very bad. To test the functionality of the SSD i tried it on a Asus P5Q with a ICH10R , and the results become better. So, somebody of you know why the SSD is so slow with my System?

I have a MSI DKA790gx Platinum.

My result

on an intel board
                    Last edited by Schinzie; 08-11-2009, 03:21 AM.

Comment

After one mouth in system vista sp2 use
                      and yesterday wiper:

Comment

G.Skill Falcon 256GB SSD (Firmware 1370) benchmark results:
                        CPU: E8400
                        Video Card: XFX GTX 260

Last edited by Titus; 08-13-2009, 05:21 PM.

Comment

My tests:

EVGA X58 SLI
                          I7 920
                          6Gb OCZ Reaper 1866
                          Gskill Falcon 128 - latest firmware.

Comment

New bench under 7 32 bits 7600!
                            falcon 128 v1571

after install pilote...
                            snif no have pilote for P965 for 7... just microsoft driver!!! (bad!)

Last edited by funtonic; 08-24-2009, 12:56 AM.

Comment

i have very bad results with my falcon 64gb on a MSI DKA790GX Platinum with Win7 Profesional 64bit and Firmware 1571. Dont know why.

Comment

Why can't I attach a image of my benchmarks?
                                Last edited by Griffyj; 08-24-2009, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X