Titan firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan firmware

Will there be a firmware update for Titan drives to support TRIM?

i don't have any news on Titan. let you know if i get any

Comment

Sounds like Titan has become an orphan - sigh.

Comment

GSkill Titan is NOT trim compatible - but for how long, GSkill?

These drives come with a 2 year warranty. the fact that:

(1) There is no firmware update to suport Windows 7 (which was in Beta release when these drives hit the market ---so there's NO EXCUSE for not knowing TRIM was on its way),

(2) There is no TRIM compatibility patch available, to combat the slowdown and stuttering issues now appearing in the TITAN series of SSD's (halfway into their warranty),

...is demonstrating that GSkill is showing NO INTEREST IN SUPPORTING their TITAN series of solid state drives, or honoring their warranty when the Titan's innovative, dual controller technology fails to stop the stuttering and slowdowns it was designed to prevent.

Pretty sad really, this behavior causes customers to warn others not to buy from such irresponsible manufacturers, vendors will stop carrying brands that dont sell, or generate complaints, and these manufacturers (GSkill in this case) will inevitably go out of business if they dont fix the problem.

And GSkill is such a (comparitively) small company, GSkill's closure can be very soon if they choose not to fix this quickly.

Bad product reviews go viral VERY VERY quickly GSkill.

I shouldve known better, and avoided buying my GSkill titan 256 from newegg back in Feb 2009. If GSkill doesnt produce a firmware update or compatibility patch for it, I know I will never purchase another GSkill product again, and I will DEFINIELY be one of thousands of upset Titan owners who will tell everyone we meet on the tech boards why that is. And do so with TOTAL honesty, even if honesty hurts GSkill's reputation.

Word of Irresponsible companies spreads fast on the internet, and then such companies go out of business.

Only if such a company fails to take responsibility for supporting their own products. Remember that GSkill, and watch what happens.

This posting is not from just one person, this posting is echoed by every customer who has purchased a GSkill Titan SSD.

...how many Titan SSD's did you sell, GSkill?

Comment

I have a Titan 256GB SSD and it's beginning to show signs of slowing down. Very disappointing indeed. GSkill needs to release a firmware update with TRIM and not abandon their customers like dead fish.

Comment

still no official announce no firmware update will be released for Titan ?
            it is maybe not nice to hear we will never see an update, but worst to see no comment from G-Skill about it.

http://www.brainfight.com

Comment

Need the G.Skill Titan 120gb firmware, I've done everything to optimize and there are still very noticeable lag and the SSD IS getting slower. I was considering buying x2 64G SSDs from G.Skill for a RAID 0 setup for my new desktop, but after so many months from my previous requests for update and trim, G.Skill services just ignore me. G.SKILL needs to cover all their products if they expect repeat customers period. A lot of people asked me about my G.Skill titan because I listed it in my signature for my whitebook build on many pc forums, and I told them that G.Skill's customer service sucks, they don't respond, they don't support their products, and they don't give a damn about you after you already bought their product. I will purchase the SSDs from OCZ RIGHT after I submit this reply.

Good luck G. Skill, I hope your company go out of business and I'll never spend $$$ on your product again.

Comment

Titan owner also using 2 x 256 drivres as paper weights until a firmware update arrives.

Comment

Sounds good to me. RMA request has been sent. Thank You!
                  Last edited by zenfire; 03-11-2010, 07:43 AM.

Comment

i came here looking for a firmware that had trim, but only found this.

ive got a couple of titan 128s that have been gradually getting worse... ive emailed rma@gskill.com but have got no reply... also the rma form at http://www.gskill.com/rma.php doesn't work.

how do i exchange my drives?

Comment

Please email to rma@gskillusa.com

The RMA request form works just fine, if you still can't get it, request it from the RMA department.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Gskill Titan 256

Hi, perhaps a bit of confusion could be cleared up here Ref: de fragmentation of said drive,
                        all the information I have read so far states you do not need to defragg these drives.
                        But recently due to intolerable slow down and shuddering in performance I used defraggler to analyse my drive and it reported the drive 42GB fragmented files with 37% fragmentation.
                        Against all the advice I defragged the drive, and there was a noticeable performance increase! Has this now damaged the drive? And why did it improve performance?

Comment

Working...
                        X