Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2030 killed my drive - boots then disappears

Argh - I got one of these as a gift.
    I just installed it as the main drive for my windows home server 2011, but thought I'd do the right thing and update the firmware first, so I put on 2030.

I loaded the server, it's been running for three days, then suddenly BLAM - the drive disappears from the system and isn't there on reboot. After a power down it's there, it boots, but so far as I can tell any attempt to write to the drive (like when you login) - BLAM - gone again.

this took my server out, corrupted my raid5 6x1.5tb array and took ALL MY DATA WITH IT.

lucky I have a backup.

Not pleased.

How do I rma it without a bloody receipt!

Hi disasterArea,

please tell me what is the SSD model, and can you try from firmware 1916 with clean funtion, clean the data can re-install 1916, and then upgrade to 2030. if still can't get stable with firmware 2030, please contact: rma@gskill.com for RMA.

Comment

back to 1916

I managed to use the clean tool and reflash with 1916. I'd been using 1916 for a good nine months with no issues, and as soon as I went to 2030 it not only corrupted my drive (which had the OS on it), but also took out my raid array due to forced reboot on the server.

I won't be ugrading it to 2030 again in a hurry, or using it as a system drive - my faith is lost in this device.

Comment

hi DisasterArea,

lots of people using SSD as system drive, if everything goes well, it's not necessary upgrade to new firmware.
        the new firmware was relase for some problems, as long as your system runnig in a good condition, you can staying with that as well.

Comment

good to know

Due to "early days" SSD practice being to upgrade the firmware whenever possible to avoid bugs I had gone with 2030. If 1916 is ok to stick with, I think I will do so as it's been fine up to now.

Comment

Hi, there. i have the same issue, my Falcon 64GB is disappeared. Since i have updated to 2030, it worked fine at first few days. im wondering how am i downgrade to 1916, if system can not find the drive. Thanks!

Comment

hi antec,

sorry, we are really sorry to hear that! please follow the steps by this: http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=5171

Comment

Originally posted by antec View Post
                Hi, there. i have the same issue, my Falcon 64GB is disappeared. Since i have updated to 2030, it worked fine at first few days. im wondering how am i downgrade to 1916, if system can not find the drive. Thanks!
                I have been using 2030 F/W on my 3 64GB drives since it came out with no problems at all. I have them running in Raid0.

Comment

It's died again, on 1916 this time

Oh well, it lasted a few months, now it's utterly disappeared from my system again / not being detected in the BIOS. What is it with these controllers??

RMA please... how ?

Comment

hi,
                    please contact rma@gskill.com and they will guide you as well.

Comment

RMA email sent

RMA email sent,
                      I was hoping the FalconII would be better than the F1, which I had replaced, but I guess it's bitten the dust. Indilinx issues?

My phoenix is still working , touch wood.

Comment

I had the same problem this morning, had to plug the jumper in and reflash the drive. Unfortunately I thought it was just a one off issue so I upgraded to 2030 again :/

Looks like I'll be doing a backup so I can downgrade.

Comment

Hi,

please always backup the important files if you doing any change of your SSD, also, please using the "Clean" funtion with 1916 firmware to clean all of your SSD and reinstall 1916, then 2030. please following these steps as well.

Comment

The issue happened again so I flashed 1916, unfortunately I am unable to use the clean function. I keep getting the error "INDILINX SSD not found" which is odd considering that flashing works.

Comment

Hi Mienaikage,

did you using the correct version of firmware? we have Falcon and Falcon II, they both have 1916& 2030 firmware. please make sure the firmware version and try again.

Comment

Working...
                              X