Help CCleaner on SSD Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help CCleaner on SSD Registry

sorry about this post i just don't know which to fix on my SSD could anyone help me which to fix just to make sure i wont damage my system. Thanks

Just use it.I use it all the time and never damage anything.It onlt gets rid of stuff thats been deleted or not installed anymore.

Comment

are you sure? i tried fixing some and my pc became little bit laggy

Comment

Well I have been using it for over 3 years and never had a problem.You can save a backup in the program if your not sure,but I never did.

Comment

I wouldn't touch CCleaner. Those entries in the registry don't disturb anybody, and the chance to bring down your system ist much too high using CCleaner. So please do not give such advises.
          Board: GA-Z77-D3H CPU: i5-3470 GPU: MSI GTX 660 FPB RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1600 OS: Win 8 Pro 64 Cooling:[/size] SSD: Samsung 470 (128GB) * GSkill Phoenix Pro 120

Comment

Originally posted by Delgado View Post
            I wouldn't touch CCleaner. Those entries in the registry don't disturb anybody, and the chance to bring down your system ist much too high using CCleaner. So please do not give such advises.
            You dont know what your talking about.

Comment

xsephirothgx just like hog54 I run ccleaner once a week and also run ssd tweaker once a week if is messing any thing up on my ssd I can't tell it,6 months and the sniper 120 is still running fast,I can't be leave it but I'm not going to complain.

what I would like gskill do for the end user is furnish us with a tool box ,but I know that's just wishful thinking,I don't have problems with firmware or erasing with parted magic,they both work flawless.

does gskill owe the end user a toolbox you bet your a_ _ they do. just my way of letting gskill know they dropped the ball on that one.
              Last edited by major53; 05-11-2011, 05:15 AM.
              ASUS Rampage II Extreme▐ Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield ▐ ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm▐ G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) ▐ (1) G SKILL SNIPER 120 SSD (OS) (1) Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB (storage)▐ EVGA 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti SuperClocked Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, Overclocked ▐ Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V▐ COOLMASTER HAF 932 Case▐ WINDOWS 7 HOME 64

Comment

Originally posted by Hog54 View Post
                You dont know what your talking about.
                Oh yes, and you will. Do what you want, but don't give such advises. How should CCleaner make a SSD more fast or something similar?

You did read that?

i tried fixing some and my pc became little bit laggy
                Board: GA-Z77-D3H CPU: i5-3470 GPU: MSI GTX 660 FPB RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1600 OS: Win 8 Pro 64 Cooling:[/size] SSD: Samsung 470 (128GB) * GSkill Phoenix Pro 120

Comment

okey thanks for all of your advice maybe i should just use it for cleaning cache & some application just to be safe i wont fix or clean anything on microsoft. Peace

Comment

xsephirothgx you may want to check this link out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOgzQHgINDs
                    Last edited by major53; 05-11-2011, 12:54 PM.
                    ASUS Rampage II Extreme▐ Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield ▐ ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm▐ G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) ▐ (1) G SKILL SNIPER 120 SSD (OS) (1) Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB (storage)▐ EVGA 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti SuperClocked Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, Overclocked ▐ Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V▐ COOLMASTER HAF 932 Case▐ WINDOWS 7 HOME 64

Comment

I've been using ccleaner for years and I have never ever had any issues that pointed to it messing anything up. As for the warning by @Delgado, all I can say is that he/she is probably referring to experiences based on either using similar software that messed things up (as it happened to me, but never with ccleaner), or he/she doesn't understand how such programs work (when they are properly coded). Ccleaner is safe to use, including the registry cleaner. It only touches basic things in the registry, but if you are paranoid about it possibly messing things up, you can opt to do a full back-up so that if something does go wrong, you can restore it as it was before the cleaning.
                      AMD Phenom II X4 965BE @ 3.8Ghz
                      Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 (Rev 2.1)
                      Gigabyte GV-N56GOC-1GI GeForce GTX560 @ default factory OC (830/1660/4008)
                      8GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 4x2GB @ 800Mhz
                      Corsair 650TX psu
                      Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
                      G.SKILL Phoenix Pro 60GB SSD (firmware 4.2)& 5.5TB combined HDD
                      Windows 7 Pro x64
                      Samsung P2770 via DVI
                      Case air cooled
                      BIOS and drivers always up-to-date

Comment

Originally posted by omnimodis78 View Post
                        Ccleaner is safe to use, including the registry cleaner. It only touches basic things in the registry, but if you are paranoid about it possibly messing things up, you can opt to do a full back-up so that if something does go wrong, you can restore it as it was before the cleaning.
                        And what do you do, if you can't start your system any longer, if something important was destructed in the registry? This should happen sometimes working with dubious cleaners. No chance to restore!

Anyway, the question at first post was:

i just don't know which to fix on my SSD could anyone help me which to fix just to make sure i wont damage my system.
                        So please tell me, what CCleaner could work wonders this way.

Comment

Woah, Delgado, you need to chill out! I didn't say you were wrong, but I am simply offering my perspective just like you offered yours. But, since you asked, let me tell you how it works:

1st - you should always have an image of your system as a back-up. I have one, so if anything major happens (which it never has), you can simply restore the image. So, if I ever faced a situation where my system wouldn't boot, I'd simply boot up with the USB which has Acronis set up as a bootable, and simply restore my installation. But again, I have never had to restore a system because of a corrupt registry.

2nd - you are 100% correct, in normal circumstances, a cleaner isn't exactly going to take a crappy system and make it brand spanking new - but what it will do is it will clean out junk that can and often does slow down the system or has adverse effects. It may not be important or relevant to you and me, but I have used it on friends' computers where I can tell you that it honestly made a difference in speed.

3rd - Sorry, I am not too sure if there was an actual "fix" that he was interested in. So, I think perhaps you took the wording he used literally. I think he was just looking for a basic program to do cleaning with so as to alleviate the "laggy" performance. Did i misread his question?
                          AMD Phenom II X4 965BE @ 3.8Ghz
                          Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 (Rev 2.1)
                          Gigabyte GV-N56GOC-1GI GeForce GTX560 @ default factory OC (830/1660/4008)
                          8GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 4x2GB @ 800Mhz
                          Corsair 650TX psu
                          Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
                          G.SKILL Phoenix Pro 60GB SSD (firmware 4.2)& 5.5TB combined HDD
                          Windows 7 Pro x64
                          Samsung P2770 via DVI
                          Case air cooled
                          BIOS and drivers always up-to-date

Comment

Working...
                          X