FM-25S2I-64GBFII disappearing from BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM-25S2I-64GBFII disappearing from BIOS

This is almost exactly the same thread as http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=6733 except its a different SSD.

Have started a new thread as my situation is just slightly different.

Basically, system has been working fine since I got it, with the Falcon II SSD as my boot drive. Im running Windows 7 64 with M4A87TD/USB3 Mobo.

However, a month or so ago it started crashing (BSODs and others) and when I restarted the drive was missing from BIOS. I have to turn computer off to get the drive back.

Havent upgraded the firmware yet...will do that tonight.

Assuming that doesnt help, is the next step an RMA request or are there other options to try first?

Thanks,

Steve.

Of course

If your BIOS and window can't recognize this SSD neither IDE and AHCI mode.

just do it.(RMA)

Comment

OK, have done a lot of reading on the forums and this noob is very unsure on a few things:

1. My drive (FM-25S2I-64GBFII) came with firmware v 1916. Do I need to still need to perform a "1916 with clean" firmware upgrade or do I go straight on to upgrading to 2030?
      2. It says I should make a bootable USB drive as I cant boot from the SSD. Is my Windows 7 x64 repair disk OK? If not, how do I make a bootable USB drive?
      3. Can I run "clean" without wiping the SSD?
      4. If all fails and my SSD wont come back online, my Windows 7 OS backup is on my second hard drive [E:] drive. Is it possible to restore the OS to that drive and not lose all the content that is currently on it?

I think thats it.

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Comment

C'mon, these questions arent too tough surely.

Comment

Hi Stringer

sorry I miss your problem.
          for your question,
          1:use FW1916 clean tool then upgrade to FW2030
          2: how to make bootable USB
          3:No way, it will erase all of your DATA.
          4:if you have win7 recover CD or tool, it could be.

Comment

Working...
          X