Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon 128Gb problem

Hi

This drive was being used as my system drive. While doing a reboot yesterday my system would not start and upon further investigation I found that there where numerous corruption faults on this volume that could not be fixed by any of the recovery tools. I decided to try to update this drives firmware to the latest version (2030) in the hope that I would then be able to restore the system from backup. The original firmware on this drive was 1571 and it was recommended to update to version 1916 before going to 2030, this seemed to work ok although a number of ?Bad Block? errors did come up and the software took about an hour to test and finally complete. I then tried to do the update to 2030 using the recommended method from G.Skill this seemed to complete correctly however now the drive is completely invisible to the bios. I then attempted to restore the system volume from backup to a different hard drive only to discover that the backup volume contained copies of the original that had already been corrupted by the failing solid state drive. I bought 2 of these drives just over 12 months ago and this is the second one to have a serious problem. It is my hope that this drive can be replaced with something more reliable than the original.

I'm sorry about this issue. Please RMA the drive. We will replace you a new drive.

Comment

Thank you for your prompt reply. I bought this drive from a company here in Australia called 'PC Case Gear' and have sent the drive back to them today. Will it be possible to replace this drive with newer 'next generation' model?

Comment

hi Jale666

according our RMA policy, it is impossible.

sorry lol

Comment

Working...
        X