MB BIOS compatibility with Phoenix Pro 120GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB BIOS compatibility with Phoenix Pro 120GB

I am having one heck of time with my Gigabyte GA-P45-UD3P (rev 1.6) BIOS. Gigabyte came out with the FFb update but for some reason(s) it does not work on my system. The older FE BIOS works but gives the Smart Error at boot time. That may be a minor problem but I don't know what else is going on that may hinder the SSD performance. The benchmarks all look good but I do not get that great feeling of improvement that other people post about! Yes, the partition is aligned, yes, I have AHCI selected, etc., etc.

Frustration is setting in - what 775 MB out there works with this SSD Drive - or do I need to give up on the E8500 and Q9550 and move on to the newer formats.
    Last edited by Ken429; 10-19-2010, 03:27 AM.

Make sure you have the latest AHCI drivers / Intel RST.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

The SMART Error only a bad feeling,but does not affect performance.

Comment

Gskill Tech,
        I am using the latest Intel RST 9.6.0.1024. The problems I am having are with the MB BIOS not Windows.

Wales,
        I agree, after much FFb pain I gave up and re-flashed the old BIOS (FE) and will live with the Smart Command Error.

But...what Motherboard/BIOS Version works with GSkill Phoenix Pro 120 GB SSD Drive (SandForce 1200 Controller) and handles the Smart Command at boot time without the 3 or 4 second delay and then the error message? I'm looking for an excuse to build a new machine!

Comment

The Gigabyte engineer has already fix the problem in beta ==> maybe is FFb
          but you can't use .....to wait new BIOS
          I know about ASUS and MSI or other motherboards no SMART problem

Comment

Gigabyte got back to me with a "Custom" BIOS FE.GA that works great on my system. For some reason my hardware configuration was causing the FFb BIOS to crash. At least for now, I'm a happy GSkill Phoenix Pro user.

Comment

Working...
            X