Phoenix Pro 120gb question/problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Pro 120gb question/problem

I have a dell studio xps 423mt desktop. Mobo : intel x58. I understand that I need to change sata setting in the BIOS to AHCI mode. However, it offers SATA: ATA or RAID only. I did a fresh install w7 ultimate under SATA: ATA mode and now having problem installing Intel Rapid Storage and Matrix Storage driver. I am getting error message: "the system does not meet the minimum requirement" when installing Intel drivers. I'm thinking it is because it only support RAID or AHCI mode NOT ATA.

From my understanding of sandforce controller, AHCI is crucial for the performance of the ssd. At this time, should I

1. reinstall w7 under RAID mode (which I might lose TRIM), then install the Intel Rapid Storage or Matrix Storage.

2. Leave it as it is. (45 second boot time, seems slow compare to other users, I don't know how to run benchmark, I've just started to learn about computers) WEI score 7.2 for ssd.

I've tried to contact Dell support (online chat), and since the 1yr warranty expired, they are pushing me for paid support for one question: is RAID same as AHCI in BIOS and it was just worded differently which it should read SATA: ATA or RAID/AHCI.
    Any suggestions? Please HELP a newbie. Thanks

please check this picture, it you see both of them, it is mean it use AHCI mode
    Last edited by G.SKILL; 10-15-2010, 02:58 AM.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

This is what I have.

Comment

I just found out from days of searching, indeed, SATA settings of ATA or RAID (also = RAID/AHCI). The forum suggested reinstalling the OS (recommended method) or Edit the registry to enable esata.

source:
        http://support.euro.dell.com/support...40AC0A64E9532B

Do i follow the guide from the sticky in this forum: Use HDDerese to secure erase SSD. Or that is for a different SSD product (ie, falcon)

I've received the SSD a week ago, so it should be on the newest firmware correct? How do i check it?

Is it really necessary to do a fresh install under RAID, will I lose TRIM command? any drawbacks on registry editing?

Thanks
        Last edited by confused; 10-15-2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

HD Tune Free

Comment

Thanks for the help Wales. Now I know it is at the newest firmware.

Comment

Working...
            X