Clear All

• Gskill pheonix fm-25s2s-60gbp2 question

AMD Phenom II x6 1090t
    GSkill 1600 ddr3 4g
    Pheonix pro FM-25S2S-60GBP2
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Is this normal for my ssd

I already applied all the SSD Tweaks Ver 1.2
    Free Space is 38.2Gb disable page file & running in ahci mode.
    Please help here, should i RMA it im from Philippines?

Hi mate

how did you install your OS.
    Did you use software( ghost....) or step by step.
    we know this issue recently.
    if the original source is not clean and customer use software like "ghost" will make the SSD performance drop.

Comment

hello! ^^

I don't know what is ghost but my friend install it, its a new clean install because its new he set it to ahci mode then install the os window 7 ultimate 64bit that's all and apply all the phoenix tweaks & now its 1 month old, my motherboard is Asus Ma489gtd usb3 & this is the first time i bench it and notice that it is slower. Can you help me how to speed it up I am planning to get a 120g version & raid0 it with this one. Hope you can help me

by the way here my new bench only HDTune & as-ssd:

do you think is it alright?, this is my 7th benchmark on ssd i read some thread here benchmarks is bad for ssd
      Last edited by xSephirothGx; 10-08-2010, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @3,83gz
        Asus P5EWS Professional
        8GB DDR2 Corsair Dominator
        Windows 7 Ultimate x64
        Phoenix Pro FM-25S2S-60GBP2 Revision 2.1

Hello xSephirothGx, i have same disk and same problem, what you did for increase performance ? I already applied all the SSD Tweaks Ver 1.2 too.

Last edited by UnHoly; 10-09-2010, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Hi!

I dont know if it really improve because it only improve in hdtune. I use CCleaner i think the lesser your file the more if became faster. Lets ask them about this problem if its normal. Next time i buy a gskill ill bench it before using so i will know if i should rma it. by the way how manny months are you using it?

Comment

3 days and i have also installed the Intel Rapid Storage with the latest version for Intel ICH9R:

Last edited by UnHoly; 10-09-2010, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Hello!

I havent updated my ahci driver yet because i dont know how & im afraid i migth corrupt it like my video card but i learned my lesson i have to always use clean install. I hope they help us. You have a faster access time than my ssd ^^

mine is here:

anyone willing to help me update my ahci driver with step by step & pictures i would really appreciate it, do i need to clean or uninstall the old driver before installing the new ahci?

Comment

the PHX PRO firmware is the newest version? perhaps cpu-z will tell you, google the free download (small in size and very usefull for pc component info)

Driver? It says "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller", you are good to go.

did you're installer move any folders? or is the ssd you're only drive? i dont see a hdd in you're specs. if the ssd is the only, and even if you get the 120ssd, consider a hdd for storage, folders and files.

the v 1.2 tweaks here:http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=913
                if you're like me you'll want to investigate something that i 'dont know what it does' from v1.2,
                and here is another similar ssd-7 setup:
                http://ssdtechnologyforum.com/archiv...php/t-781.html
                (perhaps incorporate any differences)

more usefull info to be considered for ssd health.

http://www.overclock.net/ssd/664738-...secondary.html

Tweaking Windows after it’s already in place.

When you’re prompted to create an account at the end of the install, don’t use the account name you actually want; use a temporary placeholder instead. You’ll create the actual account you’ll use later. Don’t install any applications until after you’ve moved your user profile.
                Once Windows is installed, you should create the user account you intend to use. Go to the Control Panel and search for Add User. Create your account, but don’t log in yet.

If you want partition(s) on you're hdd, create them now and format.

Move Default User Profile Folder Location / option 1
                http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-location.html
                OR
                Copy Your Profiles
                Next, you’ll want to assign a drive letter to your user profile drive. We chose U:\, but you can use whatever letter you prefer. In U:\, you’ll need to create a folder called Users. Now, reboot your computer and go into Safe Mode by pressing F8 as it boots. Once you’re in Safe Mode, go to C:\Users and copy the Default and Public folders to U:\Users\Default and U:\Users\Public. You’ll likely find some *.tmp files that simply won’t copy; it’s OK to skip them. After that’s done, you should open the registry editor (press the Windows key on your keyboard and type regedit). Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList. In that folder, you need to change the value of the Default key to U:\Users\Default, the Public key to U:\Users\Public, and the ProfilesDirectory to U:\Users. Reboot your PC and log in using the account you created in step 1. During the login, Windows will create your new user account, which should be in U:\Users.

PUBLIC FOLDER
                http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...b-57b3a8b8ff44

Moving Contacts, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Links, Music, Pictures, Saved Games, Searches and Videos :
                http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...a-new-location

MOVING TEMP FOLDERS
                http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...7-a76c0b450818

INSTALL YOU'RE PROGRAMS

MORE REGISRTY OPTIONS:
                http://www.blackviper.com/Windows_7/servicecfg.htm
                (click column header to remove that column)

OCZ MODX PRO 500W 80+ SLI WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64 NZXT DUET
                ______________________ASUS 23" HDMI______________________

Comment

Thanks..

Very nice tips, by the way i have a western caviar black 640gb that is in ahci & my primary SSD i install OS mode, i would like to apply all this tweaks when i buy another ssd should i go for two 60gb or 120gb? if i buy 2 then i will have 3 in raid, is it good?

heres my SSD free space:

is it alright with that free space? i even off the pagefile even if some tweaks say leave it on

Comment

I'm learning myself, so i cant say for sure on raid configurations vs ssd size. I do know, as well as you i'm sure, that too much benching inhibits ssd performance, and that it can't be defragmented. So i'm assuming that keeping a hhd for at least some misc. Folders would be good. And if you have enough ssd space then you would have more room for apps and games if you so choose. As for you're current free space, it looks like you have installed you're 7 x64 and that's about it, so you have room for other apps that you want to start when windows starts, along with some other things you may want on there. You can view the size of what you're loading beforehand. Then,,larger apps and programs on the hhd, with the folders that need to be moved, to keep the ssd cleaner longer.

OCZ MODX PRO 500W 80+ SLI WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64 NZXT DUET
                    ______________________ASUS 23" HDMI______________________

Comment

^^

Thanks for the tips..

Comment

I saw something here, with ssd more full, i make fewer points in the benchmarks, with the disc as empty, i make more points, the performance increases, at least in benchs. This is normal ?

Comment

Hi!

Yes i think its normal because mine is like that to, your access time is faster mine T_T.

I have question with GSkill im planning on raid0, i need to confirm if is good to combine 3 ssd 60gb in raid0 because i read something here in forum that he is wondering why 2 60gb ssd in raid is slower than 1 ssd?

Any information or tips what should i do to maximize my speed & access time, and im also looking at the 40gb version of phoenix pro so maybe it will be 60 + 40 + 40 = 140, speed should be around 700mb/s R/W right?

Comment

With Raid0 slows down? Never ... I will use 4 ssd's in Raid0. It's almost like this picture:

4x SSD Performance

Comment

wow 4ssd in raid0 are you serious? i would like to see how it performs when you have it. post some bench here ^_^, im planning to raid0 3 ssd only but im thinking if its okey to raid without trim?

Comment

Working...
                              X