Phoenix vs Phoenix Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix vs Phoenix Pro

I wanted to purchase an SSD drive and seeing as how i've purchased G. Skill memory in the past without problems, i went ahead and purchased a G. Skill SSD drive.

When looking through Newegg.com, I noticed the specs were identical between the Pro and Non-Pro versions, so i went ahead and purchased the Non-Pro version because Newegg reports a higher vibration resistance with the Non-Pro version thinking this was the reason why the Non-Pro version was $5.00 more than the Pro version...

What is the difference between the two? Should I have purchased the Pro version? Am i going to get less performance than I would have if I had purchased the Pro version?

Thanx
    AJ
    Last edited by AJCroteau; 09-30-2010, 11:49 AM. Reason: Wanted to add some additional information...

Hi AJ

Actually the different is 4k random write, pro is 50k.
    the other performance is the same.
    it is depend on you but i think choose cheaper one is better.

Comment

Yea,

I ended buying the Non-Pro version yesterday and now Newegg has raised the price on the Pro version from 135 to 165 so returning the Non-Pro version to get the Pro version is pointless...

Oh well, like you said, performance would be the same regardless... I'm just gaming, and running standard desktop applications...

Now, it looks like there is a new firmware upgrade out there... Should my new drive have already been updated with the latest firmware upgrade?

Thanx
      AJ

Comment

Hi AJ

i think your ssd has already been the latest firmware.

Comment

I got my SSD drive today...

So i got home, plugged it into my system. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, MS Office 2010, then I installed my video card drivers...

I needed to reboot my machine afterwards, however this time when the system rebooted after I installed in the video card drivers, the system could no longer boot off of the SSD drive...

My setup is as follows:

AMD 1090T BE
          ASUS M4N98TD EVO
          8 Gig DDR3-1600 G.Skill Memory

Let me know,
          Thnx
          AJ

Comment

Hi AJ

so the problem is after install video card drivers, right?

please provide us which video cars and driver's version to us.
            we will figure it out.

Comment

I have 2x GTX 275 SLI and i was installing the latest driver from NVidia 258.96.

Something I forgot to mention, Just before installing the drivers, I ran the ATTO benchmark v2.46 i believe...

The scores were good however I believe it may have had something to do with not being able to boot off of the drive.

I think I read something about that benchmark, the SF-1200 Sandforce Controller, and the nForce chipset having issues... I couldn't find it again though so tonight, I'm going re-install Windows 7, drivers and applications and hopefully all goes well.

Thanx
              AJ

Comment

Working...
              X