Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS not finding Phoenix Pro 120gb on first boot

Hello,

I bought a Phoenix Pro 120gb a few weeks ago and have found a consistent issue using it on 2 different computers - a Lenovo T500 laptop, and a new desktop with an ASUS P6X58D-E motherboard.

On each machine the drive will not be found by the BIOS on the initial boot of the day. After powering on and off again, the drive is found. Throughout the day if I restart, the drive is found OK.

The next morning however, the drive is not found. I then have to set the drive as the boot device in the BIOS again, as I have 2 drives in the desktop machine.

The drive has the latest 2.1 firmware. The ASUS motherboard has the latest firmware. I've connected the drive to the Marvell controller and the onboard ICH10R SATA controller, and they both do this. On the laptop I would get a "2100 drive initialization error" when this happened. On the desktop, I don't get any error, just a flashing underscore in the top right of my screen.

Should I be taking this drive back for a replacement from my vendor, or is this a known issue that some later firmware upgrade will fix?

Thanks,
    Chris.

Sorry for your inconvenience.
    It's a weird case we get from our customer first time.
    I think you better to take a replacement.
    We need this SSD to analyse further.

Comment

Working...
    X