120GB Phoenix Pro -DEAD???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120GB Phoenix Pro -DEAD???

OK, here's my problem. I have a 60gb Phoenix Pro set up as my C:\ drive. It works fine. But I ran out of room and bought a Phoenix Pro 120 gb drive. I cloned the 60 gb drive to the 120 gb drive using Drive Image XML. In Windows Explorer, it looked like the clone operation worked fine and all data was copied over to the new 120gb drive in good order.

I then hooked up the new 120 gb drive as the c:\ drive and attempted to boot.Drive was not recognized. I swapped back the old 60 gb drive and booted up with the 120 gb drive in a second SATA port. Windows explorer could not find the 120gb. So I opended Computer Management - Disk manager. The 120 gb drive comes up as "Unknown - Not Initialized". When I right click on this drive and try to initialize, I get the error message "The Device is not ready."

My question is, do I have a dead drive? Why would it not show up when I first connected it to the SATA 1 port, but I was able to write lots of files to it through the cloning process? If dead, how do I RMA?
Working...
X