Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoenix Pro 120GB shows damaged sectors with HD Tune Pro and 85% health with SSDLife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Pro 120GB shows damaged sectors with HD Tune Pro and 85% health with SSDLife

This is just after 2 days of use. I have got the rma ticket but just want to be sure that is it normal or I have got a dying drive in my hands.

Phoenix Pro 80GB shows 97% after 38 hours

I was also a bit worried when my Phoenix Pro 80GB showed only 97% health on both Crystal Disk Info and SSD Life after only after 38 hours use. I guess we had better just enjoy the (moderate) improvement in performance while we can because if these stats are to be believed then the SSDs will be dead within a couple of months.

I just hope these programs using SMART info are not too good for predicting the life of SSD!

Comment

Originally posted by Malaware View Post
      I just hope these programs using SMART info are not too good for predicting the life of SSD!
      So it is There were lots of discussions in every ssd forum, and other manufactureres do have their own statements like

we don't believe that the current SMART tools are completely accurate in their reporting.
      So don't worry
      Board: GA-Z77-D3H CPU: i5-3470 GPU: MSI GTX 660 FPB RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1600 OS: Win 8 Pro 64 Cooling:[/size] SSD: Samsung 470 (128GB) * GSkill Phoenix Pro 120

Comment

@Delgado....

Well I shan't worry too much for now but if I've dropped another 20% by this time next week I think I'll have to start getting a little worried.

Comment

I'm not much worried about the health reported by SSDLife but the bad sectors(~1728) do worry me. I had Seagate Drive SATA with bad sectors die on me earlier. Anyways I am sending it back to retailer for an RMA, better luck with the next one.

Comment

SSD Health Status using CrystalDiskInfo and SSDlife

After a bit more searching it seems that CrystalDiskInfo and SSDlife may have problems in the way they calculate the 'Health Status' of Phoenix Pro SSDs. See the discussion in another thread of the GSKILL forum.

Maybe the best thing to do is get on and use the SSD for whatever it was installed for (in my case video editing) rather than for running disk utilities and searching the web for answers to SSD problems which may or may not exist.

Comment

Got my replacement SSD from newegg yesterday. This one also shows 89% health in SSDLife and bad sectors (~1300) with HDTune Pro
              I am bit dissappointed, these tools are used by the reviewers online to test the drives and I followed those reviews to make this purchase.

Comment

SMART data can not correctly reflect the health status of the right SSD
                Because the original design is based on the hard disk SMART model
                For some of the actual situation of SSD data fields can not be applied
                Unnecessary at this stage worry too much about the warning message SMRAT

Comment

Working...
                X