Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First SSD. Phoenix Pro 120GB FM-25S2S-120GBP2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First SSD. Phoenix Pro 120GB FM-25S2S-120GBP2.

I never thought I'd drop $250 on this little storage space lol but after messing around with a friend's Corsair Nova 128GB ssd I finally had to give-in and buy a ssd.

Just ordered it off NewEgg. Chose this over other brands, mainly due to the fact of how much I love G.Skill's memory. Will post some benchmarks next week. Unfortunately, I have a Gigabyte AMD 790FX motherboard, where both the Sata II and Sata III controllers are not as robust as Intel's are, so hopefully scores won't be too disappointing.

My two Samsung Spinpoint F4 320GB hd's in RAID 0

And my Phoenix Pro.

I did all the Win 7 ssd tweaks. It's probably the AMD Sata controller, but the score is right around the advertised specs.

Still happy with the purchase though. Obviously, the ssd kills the hd's in access time. Win 7 64-Bit installed in less than 10 minutes (that's counting from power on, not just when it gets to the install screen)!

Comment

Sorry for the double-post, but ssd gurus I need your opinion. Is this a good score?

Comment

Sure, it performance looks good.
        You should feel your computer has faster respond with your new SSD.

Comment

Originally posted by Offender_Mullet View Post
          Sorry for the double-post, but ssd gurus I need your opinion. Is this a good score?

Don't overtest it, you'll shorten the life of your SSD.

Comment

Working...
          X