ssdupdate file does not recoginize drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssdupdate file does not recoginize drive

I just read your fourm for updating Phoneix Pro drives. I dowloaded the file and unzipped it. When I run it, no drive is recognized. I tryed a refresh, and still no drives show up. I have a FM-25S2S-120PBP2 drive.

Any ideas on how to get the ssdupdat.exe to recognize my drive? Is there a way to see
    what firmware my drive came with, it may not even need updating?

You can get your firmware by the free software: CrystalDiskInfo.
    What is your motherboard?
    Be sure to set your SATA as AHCI and Run the updater as administrator while updating.

Comment

Model Motherboard

My motherboard is a Asus P6X59D Premium and I have set the Sata to ACHI with some
      difficulty.

Comment

Firmware ver 2.1 Verification

I was able to download the Firmware ver 2.1 and install it and verify that it did load with
        the help of the links you suggested. Thanks very much for your help. Running CrystalDiskInfo 3.8 I did notice something that somewhat concerns me, and that is the
        health of my new (27hrs) SSD had a health rating of 85% good while my other D: drive
        with 900hrs has a health rating of 100% good. Is that somenting that I sould be concerened about?

Comment

Dear ggrego,
          The SMART issue is known and will be solved in the next firmware update.

Comment

New Drive Health FM-25S2S-120GBP2

I was able to download a trial of HD TUNE Pro and run a "disk health" test and it had a
            warning (05) Reloacted Sector Count 1792 Bad sectors have been relocated. This concerns
            me on a 4 day old SSD.

Comment

That's the same cause of incorrectly identified the SMART value by those tools.
              It would be improved in the next firmware release.

Comment

That might be the case but, my drive died the next day. Gskill needs a tool to evaluate the
                speed and health of their own drives, even if they have to develope it themselves. So far
                I have lost a lot of confidence in the performace and support of Gskill. It will be hard for
                me to make it a data storage drive in the future.

Comment

Working...
                X