2030 Firmware Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2030 Firmware Changes

What are the changes or additions to this new firmware? I have 3 Falcons running in Raid0 and would like to know what is new before I flash them.
    Last edited by Griffyj; 09-18-2010, 06:55 AM.

I have updated the change notes.
    Please check it again.

Comment

I have flashed 2 of the drives but the third one says Firmware download failed. All three drives had firware 1916 before flashing to 2030. Checked cables and sata settings and still no go.

Comment

What model name is that faild one?
        Falcon or Falcon II? and what is its capacity?
        If you could post the faild screen shot, i could analyse the issue faster.

Comment

It is a Falcon FM-25S2S-64GBF1. Sorry I did not take a screen shot and I am not allowed to post attachments. The error message is the same as #5 in your download thread.
          Last edited by Griffyj; 09-20-2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Hi Griffyj,
            There are two files for 64GB, have you tried each one?

Comment

Yes I tried both files. One file does not find any drives.

Comment

Originally posted by vaca View Post
                Hi Griffyj,
                There are two files for 64GB, have you tried each one?

Tried both files. 64GB-2 see's the drives but comes back with the error. 64GB-1 does not see the drives. Any ideas or should the drive be RMAed.

Comment

I had some problems with my update too. I had to change sata cables connections to find my SSD in the update tool.

Comment

anyone notice any performance improvements or speed increases after flashing to 2030?

Comment

Be sure to set SATA to IDE mode before update and your SSD installed in the correct port.
                      Griffyj, could you tell me your motherboard model name? i want to verify that if it's an incompatible issue?
                      SirPingsAlot, do you mean that you change the SATA port you installed your SSD and finally you could update succesfully?

Comment

Originally posted by vaca View Post
                        Be sure to set SATA to IDE mode before update and your SSD installed in the correct port.
                        Griffyj, could you tell me your motherboard model name? i want to verify that if it's an incompatible issue?
                        SirPingsAlot, do you mean that you change the SATA port you installed your SSD and finally you could update succesfully?
                        Yes, Falcon 128GB was not listed in the FW update tool, so I connected it to another SATA port . Sometimes I`m not able to find the SSD when I do changes in my system with Asus P6X58D-E motheboard (latest BIOS).
                        When this happens I change Sata ports until it recognize the disk.
                        It was lot of problems to find the disk when I installed XP in ACHI mode.

Best regard

Comment

[QUOTE=vaca;28035]Be sure to set SATA to IDE mode before update and your SSD installed in the correct port.
                          The Motherboard is a Asus Maximus Formula. I have not tried moving to a different sata port yet as I have not had time to try and flash it again.

Comment

Griffy, have you noticed any speed increases or any other performance improvements with 2030 versus 1916?

Comment

Originally posted by Titus View Post
                              Griffy, have you noticed any speed increases or any other performance improvements with 2030 versus 1916?

I have not benched the system since flashing the other raid drivess because one of them will not flash. The system does not seem to be any faster or slower.

Comment

Working...
                              X