Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Sector And Poor Read Speeds With Phonix Pro 120 GB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Sector And Poor Read Speeds With Phonix Pro 120 GB.

Hey, g.skill.

I recently purchased a 120GB SSD from you for my new work build. Everything seemed fine and it worked well. I installed Windows 7 on it and it was fast and worked very well, however, a few things have me worried.

1. After installing Win. 7 and a couple programs, a test in HD Tune Pro revealed averages of 199 MB/s, with a maximum of 212 MB/s, and a minimum of 60 MB/s. I feel that it should not be spiking that much no matter what is on it. And I also feel that 199 MB/s is really slow compared to the claim of 285 MB/s read. I have it set up in AHCI and everything.

2. On the HD Tune Pro health screen, it says that the SSD has something like 2700 reallocated sectors, which pop up the warning status. Is this normal or a defective drive?

In any case, I am mostly happy with the drive and hope to get the issues fixed, if they are issues at all.

Thanks,
    nparker.

Bump. Bump. Bump.

Comment

Hi nparker,
      The 285/275 is the Maximum value measured from ATTO. Different benchmark has vary behavior, and the ATTO is the best case.
      For the SMART issue between HDTune and Sandforce driven SSD, It would be solved in the future firmware update.

Regards

Comment

Any idea when the new firmware will be available? And how/where do we download it?

Comment

We don't get the new firmware yet.
          It would possibly be release next month.
          You can download the firmware from the sticky thread.

Comment

new ssd

I have a problem with new ssd.

Is it normal for a new ssd ? Or i must bring this ssd back to the shop.

Comment

This SMART issue would be solved in next firmware release

Comment

Working...
              X