Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PhoenixPro Series - Please hand out 28% over-provisioning firmware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhoenixPro Series - Please hand out 28% over-provisioning firmware!

Hi there,

the new PhoenixPro Series with 50k IOPS firmware at 4k random write/read have over-provisioning of (only) 7 or 13 %.

Please give us the ability to use the same firmware with 28 % over-provisioning for increased reliability.

I don't need 5 years warranty (would be nice, but more important is the over-provisioning), but others like OCZ and OWC (http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/inter..._SSD_Sandforce) does offer two versions of their SandForce SSD drive offerings.

One with 100 GB useable capacity and one with 120 GB useable capacity.

So two high IOPS firmware versions for the SandForce drives does exists, one with low over-provisioning and one with more over-provisioning.

Please hand this firmware out, so the user can decide which one they want to use.

I want high sustained write rates over long time, with 28 % over-provisioning the SandForce SSD drives are more immune against write rate degradation over time..!

Thanks in advance!

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

Hi iNsuRRecTiON,
    Thanks for your support and advise.
    I will recommand our product manager your suggestion.

Many Thanks

Comment

Hi vaca, thanks for your fast reply.

Independent reviews shows, that you get a more "stable" write rate if you have an SF-1200 SSD drive with 28 % over-provisioning (e.g. 100 GB useable vs. 120 GB useable..) and you get a better endurance and reliablity.

I hope that your product manager getting it right and allow to download the 28 % over-provisioning firmware for my PhoenixPro 120 GB, in order that I get an PhoenixPro 100 GB instead with better longevity

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON
      Last edited by iNsuRRecTiON; 09-01-2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Hi iNsuRREcTiON,
        The different over-provisioning firmwares could not be downloaded to change the original over-provisioning ratio due to they have difference internal architecture.
        What i can promise is that there is chance we add the 28% over-provisioning SSD to our product line.

Regards

Comment

Hi vaca,

hmm, that's bad.

And what about the SandForce toolbox? Like the OCZ toolbox for the SandForce drives?

Isn't it possible to change the over-provisioning percent ratio with that toolbox?

About the upcoming 28% over-provisioning SSD drive, will that be prices the same as the 7/13 % over-provisioning SSD drives or not?

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

Comment

Any update/news on this, vaca?

Comment

iNsuRRecTiON
              The New model Phoenix Pro 80GB/160GB is 28% over-provisioning version.
              There is no function for changing over-provisioning.

Comment

Hi vaca,

thanks for the info, but why no 100 GB SSD drive like from other vendors??

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

Comment

Hi vaca,

can you please explain, thx.

Comment

Because we have to focus our resource in the much popular model, that we can produce higher quality product with lower cost to serve to users.
                    So the sales volume of 100GB item is not as well as others, we have no plan to create that product line yet.

Comment

Too bad

Hi vaca,

thanks for your info.

Too bad, because 80 gb is not enough space for me!

And the 180 GB version is too expensive for me!

100 GB would be great for (at least) for me.. ;-)

Anyway,

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

Comment

Working...
                      X