Falcon II SSD not being detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon II SSD not being detected

I've had the SSD for over a year now, and around April my computer would blue screen and reboot every 10mins. When it started to reboot the SSD was no longer being detected while my other storage hardisk was. This was using it out of the box with the original firmware.

So I downloaded the new firmware and did a clean then installed the new firmware. Reinstalled windows 7 fresh...It's been ok till a few days ago when the problem occured as before.

The hardisk light would be on constantly and everything in windows would freeze up then onto blue screen. Reboots and the SSD is nolonger detected. I have to totally power down the comp then turn it back on for the SSD to work again.

This time it isn't as frequent(every 10mins b4, now totally random 1-3hrs) as a few months ago but it is causing me no end of trouble.
    I've tried different ports/cables/power supply but nothing seems to help. Is the SSD faulty?

My specs are
    C2D E8400
    4GB corsair ram
    P965-DS3v3 motherboard
    ATI4890HD video

I run a very tight system with virus/malware scanners and a firewall I keep a constant eye on. Was using Win7 32bit b4, now running Win7 64bit.

It sounds that your SSD has some bad block increased that it now works abnormally.
    Follow Here to RMA your SSD.
    Thanks

Comment

I've requested RMA and filled out the form, got an RMA #.

Just realised I purchased the Falcon II 64GB at the end of Nov 2009 when it was released.
      Only 5 months of use before it developed problems...

I'll send the RMA 2morrow from Australia to Taiwan. Approximately how long would it take before it is returned to me? (roughly estimate/guess even plz)

edit: Using the backup OS installed on a spare samsung250GB I made when the SSD initially had problems in april.....it's so slow. lol
      Last edited by netsev; 07-12-2010, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Dear netsev,
        when we recerve your SSD, we will send a replacement off in eight business days.

Comment

Working...
        X