Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon II SSD Failing?

Hi,
    I was just wondering how I can check if my SSD is failing on me.

Lately I have been having some weird issues on Windows where it sometimes freezes and programs don't load up, I have never had this issue before. My PC is 100% clean with no viruses etc.

When I updated the firmware to 1916 I briefly saw that it was patching over some bad blocks also.

Any ideas?
    thanks

Dear -nighthawk-,
    Try the firmware 1916 clean funtion before downloading firmware.
    and tell me the result.

Comment

Hi Vaca,
      When I upgraded to Firmware 1916 I ran the clean function first so I could have a smooth update, I think in that process is where it detected the bad blocks, but now it's getting worse...

Comment

so you have clean that SSD before you downloading firmware and now it is unstable.
        i refer that there are bad blocks increasing so it now works defectively.
        you could RMA.

Comment

I just don't like the process of RMA where I have to wait like 5 weeks to get it back, I also don't want to wait 5 weeks only to realize the SSD is fine, I haven't dealt with G.Skill RMA as of yet.

Is there anyway to check via software to see if it's fine? (besides re-flashing the firmware)

cheers

Comment

Download and run HDTune http://www.hdtune.com/ it has a built in error scan that will identify any damaged blocks.
            CPU I7-980X @ 3.81Ghz
            MB ASUS P6X58D-E
            GPU GTX480 @ 770Mhz
            RAM 12Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme Division-2 DDR3 @ 1908Mhz
            PSU Corsair AX 850W
            SSD: Intel X25M 80Gb
            HD 2x WD VelociRaptors 150Gb in Raid-0

Sager NP8662
            CPU: Intel Q9100 @ 2.38 GHz
            GPU: GTX 260M @ 612Mhz
            RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1066Mhz 4Gb
            SSD: Intel X25M 120Gb

Comment

Thanks, Schwanke78
              Dear nightawk,
              if HDTune can't find any error,maybe you could also try Burnintest to burn in your SSD for cycles. it would write data then read data and compare the two data that must be the same.
              if no error wos found and the SSD still work defectively, please RMA.
              once we receive your SSD, we will send the replacement off in eight business days.
              Last edited by vaca; 07-12-2010, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Hi Vaca,
                I ran the burn in test then went into HD tune and apparently there is an Ultra DMA CRC error count warning (C7) with communication errors. Is this enough to RMA?
                thanks

Comment

Hello -nighthawk-,
                  OK it looks defective, just RMA.

Comment

Alright I'll RMA it now.

Also forgot to mention a few weeks ago my Windows looked to have corrupted with CRC errors and a few programs lost some files

Comment

Working...
                    X