Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools to Check MLC Health?

Hello,

I recently purchased 2 of your 64 GB MLC drives and have them installed as the RAID 0 system array on my HTPC. For the first week, I did not run into any issues, but then I noticed a few errors being reported in the Vista 64 Event Viewer.

The errors were "A parity error was detected on \Device\RaidPort2." While I have yet to experience any obvious negative problems from the error, I was concerned that my raid array was degrading and opened a ticket with my 680i motherboard vendor EVGA.

EVGA has stated that normally these errors are signs of a hardware issue and asked me to check the health of my drives using tools provided by the manufacturer.

What tools are available for me to check or verify the health of your drives? I would like to rule the drives out as quickly as possible...

Knowing the history of Nvidia Raid drivers for the 680i board, I tend to believe that this problem will end back up on the EVGA doorstep......

Thanks,
    Ryan

sorry, we don't have our specific software to check, but you can use the tool embeded in Windows
    or you could use chkdsk command in DOS to check it
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
    X