Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with SSD. Need Help!

Hi

Recently I bought a G.SKILL SSD 64GB MLC and installed on it Win Vista Ultimate x64. At first the disk works well excepts for a few freezing problems. But these problems come more frequent and each time I open a new tab on internet explorer or any program the computer freezes for a few seconds and windows needs more time to load. Last week windows failed to boot (after 20-30 min of load I get a blue screen with the error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME). I tried Safe Mode and got the same error. Last valid configuration and the other boot options didn't work. The next I try was to repair windows with the dvd repair options but the DVD failed to boot (I only get a blank screen with the mouse cursor after 45 min of load and after 12 hours more it remains in the same blank screen). Delete partitions and format didn't work (cannot write data to disk). Tried other utils like partition manager, ranish partition manager,... and get the same result. If I connect the disk via USB to another computer the vista partition manager shows me the disk with RAW format so I cant manage the partitions or farmat or perform a chkdsk. Ubuntu cannot mount the device. I did a surface scan with spfdisk and hdd regenerator and all sectors are ok and with ntfs4dos I can access the disk. So looks like the disk is read-only. So I don?t know if is anything more I can do? Is the disk defective (only have two weeks)? G.skill techsupport said me to replace the disk but I still think I can repair it. Any sugestion? My computer is a Dell XPS M1530, 4GB RAM.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english (I'm a spanish user )

sorry, we can't be sure where is the problem before you send back to us
    it is possible that the controller inside SSD has problem
    can it be formatted in spfdisk?

G.S

Comment

Ok, I downloaded the latest UBCD and here are my results with spfdisk:

Connect the disk directly: when I delete all partions, create a new one, set it to active and try to save the new partition table I get the following error: "Partition table access failure!". So I cant format the disk.

If I connect the disk to an external case: I can save the partition table and the format finishes without any problem but when I reboot the computer no changes were made. The old partitions are still on the disk and nothing was formated.

The surface scan shows no bad sectors.

Now I'm trying to install windows with the external case but I dont expect any result.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

The vista cd did not boot with the disk installed on the external case. I get into a screen with the wallpaper of the installation and the mouse cursor but nothing more. I'm totally sure that is a problem with the disk boot sector but I cannot solve it.

There's nothing more I can do so I will send a RMA.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

it would not help that ou check with the disk, 'coz it is different with the old hard disk
          and the reason should be the controller, not the flash
          we'll check it after you send back
          thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
          X