For those who get slow down with FW1819, may try this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who get slow down with FW1819, may try this

I go to OCZ SSD forum and found this topic http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=63895
    In conclusion that topic told you to "run IOmeter to forcing win7 to take a fresh drive snapshot "

So I follow IOmeter setup guide from this link http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=60947

For mine instruction with IOmeter
    I choose to open bootup.icf test file then select all drive in worker1 (under All Managers and your computer name)
    and hit the green flag to start the tests.
    It will create iobw.tst test file around 11GB on your selected drives.
    While it's running you can watch progress from the Results Display tab.

After it finished go to shift+delete iobw.tst file in every drive then restart your machine and run some benchmark !

For mine WoW my drive go back at full speed again !
    and until now it drop a very little performance

This is my before-after results and if u try this method please post your result too.

PS.
    1. I don't use wiper
    2. Both Benchmark run after restrart on Windows 7 x64 Professional AHCI mode
    3. Mine computer is Vaio-Z + Falcon 128GB if you install intel ich9 ahci driver the performance is very poor. Please uninstall+delete intel driver and let's win7 handle it's driver.

Last edited by b_ambee; 11-23-2009, 10:05 PM.

thanks for sharing this info
    we'll try it out soon to see if it really works on most Falcon SSD

G.S

Comment

For me it doesn't work i've done it right after that and your guide. Still slow as your Drive. 30MB/s ist the highest i mesured with ATTO Benchmark. Totally worse Performance.

I've use the IntelRapidStorageManager v9.5.0.1037 i guess TRIM isn't working properly with this one i will use Microsofts quite old Standard AHCI Driver instead.

I've used sanitary_erase.exe and Restored my AcronisBackup. So Speed is back until some Weeks i guess. So i will now use the standard MSAHCI Driver and will see if that trim is working as Advertised.

But the Performance Degration its a shame the Sandforce Controller SF-1300 need no Trim all is done in Hardware there and more. So IndilixBarefoot is not so good as excepted. Intel is currently the Better Choice also in Term of Firmwaresupport Feature etc.

FM-25S2S-128GBF1 128GB SSD FW1819
      Last edited by Hase1; 11-25-2009, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X