Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon 64GB causing system freeze

Hi together!

I have big problems with my new Falcon 64GB SSD. During file copy operations it freezes my computer completely. I’ll try to characterize the problem:
    The problem already occured when I installed windows, but to that time I thought the freezes were caused by another issue.
    The initial applications I installed were small ones, so the failure didn’t occure. The first time I noticed it was when I wanted to install bigger applications which copies lots of small files during installation, for example MS Office or games like Battlefield 2. When the installation routine starts copying files from another drive (CD/DVD, HDD etc.) to the SSD the computer freezes at any moment during this copy process. It also happens when I copy folders with lots of files in it from any drive to the SSD, so this failure is reproducable. When I restart the pc it won’t recognize my Falcon unless I turn off power completely and do a cold start.
    So it seems to me that my Falcon has a problem with writing plenty of small files. I read a lot about SSDs and heard that some former SSDs had similar problems, but not the current G.Skill Falcons.
    I’m using Win XP Pro, hardware is a DFI Lanparty nF4 w/ AMD 64 4200+, hard drives are two samsung spinpoint as RAID 0 @ NVRAID; all drivers, updates etc. are installed correctly. I did all necessary tweaks for windows, like page-file moving, temp files writing on hdd, registry tweaks etc......
    I didn’t find anything that is similar to my problem, the only thing I know is that my SSD is causing it. So, is it damaged, or what else can be? Hope I’ll get some answers, except of that the SSD works fine..and fast! Plz help!!

Thanks and regards,

Jerry

and what happen if you disconnect those 2 RAID 0 @ NVRAID, does the problem is still there ?

man , you're missing a whole lot by not using win 7 with a SSD, even with a amd 64 4200+ it would fly as fast as XP

Comment

Sure it's a Falcon drive? I had a similar problem and it was due to a bad controller used on older model drives. Does your drive actually say FALCON on it? I thought mine did, but when I looked again, it didn't.

Comment

Working...
      X