When to run wiper.exe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to run wiper.exe?

I have a Falcon 128GB. How often or under what circumstances should I rune wiper.exe?

the function of wiper.exe is like the defragment on hard disk
    you could run wiper while you feel the speed of SSD is too much slower than rated spec
    it would improve the speed to its original speed

G.S

Comment

Is it OK if I set wiper.exe in Task Scheduler to run auto one time every day? I am using Windows 7.

Comment

we don't think it's necessary to run wiper.exe so frequently
        and there is still risk of losing data while running wiper
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Do I need to reboot after running the wiper.exe?
          Is it Ok to run wiper.exe from the root of the Falcon drive?

Comment

I recently bought the 256GB Falcon SSD and am wondering how big of a risk it is to lose data when running wiper?...I thought running wiper just restroes the speed of the SSD back to optimal levels...is there really a big chance of it erasing everything on the drive?

Comment

there is no need to reboot after running wiper.exe
              and it's also fine to run wiper at Falcon SSD itself
              thanks

G.S

Comment

Originally posted by Titus View Post
                I recently bought the 256GB Falcon SSD and am wondering how big of a risk it is to lose data when running wiper?...I thought running wiper just restroes the speed of the SSD back to optimal levels...is there really a big chance of it erasing everything on the drive?

sorry, but there is not an exact answer of the possibility
                as we tested in our lab, it seldom happened
                and even it happens, usually it loses data, not erase all data
                thanks

G.S

Comment

Originally posted by pacpac View Post
                  Is it OK if I set wiper.exe in Task Scheduler to run auto one time every day? I am using Windows 7.
                  It's probably overkill to do it each day, tho depends on usage. Normally only need to run it when things slow down. Unlike old school defrag, it does not take long to run (only a couple of minutes), so it's not worth scheduling (imo)

If you do decide to schedule, as ur running win7, schedule an image based backup to a larger capacity external drive first, just to be on the safe side!

I first ran wiper under win7 x64 and it wiped out heaps of files from my drive, the os was screwed. just restored from image backup, and all good again. Since then I have run wiper with no problems using a vista x86 restore dvd, and it has worked as good as gold.

Comment

Working...
                  X