Phoenix Pro dead.. again :-/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Pro dead.. again :-/

Well, my Phoenix Pro died about 6 months ago and I got it replaced through RMA.

The replacement had been working great.. until last night. I got up from my computer to get a drink, come back and the machine is frozen. Reboot and the Phoenix Pro isn't even detected in the BIOS :-/

I've heard of some people managing to swap this (apparently) defective drive for one of the newer Phoenix III drives. Is this possible? I don't know if I'll even bother to RMA it if I can't get it swapped as I'm pretty sure the next one will die in a few months as well :/

Dear Customer,

Sorry about to hear that, Basically we won't upgrade to Phoenix III, and the RMA department will allow the replacement with same model only. If you have any problem with the RMA, please contact them directly and they will assist you with best service, again, sorry for the inconvenient!

Comment

Well, I have to admit I'm quite disappointed with that answer. The drive appears to be, by design, defective. Checking your own forums, the reviews on various sites (From Newegg to Amazon) all point to this drive dying anywhere from 1 day to 1 year after installation.

I once trusted G.Skill as a brand. I've even highly recommended your products to some. But, after this drive I think I'll begin to use other brands for my memory needs. Having an obviously defective product and not willing to make amends to customers shows a lot about a company.

Comment

Hi Nedlinin,

G.SKILL will take the responsibility if you have any problem by using our products, but we will responsibility for the same level of products, not for the upgrade, as you mentioned before, we will not allow the upgrade from SATA II to SATA III, please understand!

Most of the time, people come to the forum ask for help when them got issue, so you will feel like it had many issue with it, but in fact, we sold a great number already and the RMA return rate was really low...

Please kindly contact the RMA department, we will cover the shipping cost for the second RMA (under warranty)

Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X