Phoenix III Firmware Upgrade on RAID 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix III Firmware Upgrade on RAID 1

I have two Phoenix III drives in an AMD RAID mirror, running on Windows 8.

How can I upgrade these drives to the latest firmware? Must I remove the RAID array to upgrade them?

Also, not sure what you meant in the updater instructions to use Microsoft drivers instead of AMD. Am I correct that you need the AMD drivers to operate the RAID array?

Fred Chateau

Hi,

The drives couldn't been detect if you were under RAID mode, please remove the RAID for the firmware upgrade.

And please select AHCI mode to successfully complete the firmware update process. (In BIOS)

Comment

I believe removing the RAID array will delete the content of the drives. I have never tried it, but that is the warning most RAID drivers give you when you select removing the array.

Even if I am able to do this without damaging the drive contents, I doubt I would be able to boot into Windows on one of the drives.

I can back-up a Windows image and restore after the drive upgrade, but can I use a boot CD to load the firmware from there?

Fred Chateau

Comment

Hi,

The easier way for you to do is perform the update from another HDD with Windows, or you can format the o/s onto those drives and run the updater from the drives you are trying to flash. Then restore the back-up image after done the firmware update.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Comment

I did it the way you recommended, by installing the OS on the one of the SSD's, then flashing both of them. I used a system image to restore my RAID array.

Everything worked well.

Fred

Question - If possible, how about coming up with a drive performance optimizer, like Intel or Samsung provide with their drives?

Comment

that's wishful thinking. if you want tools, then go with intel or samsung.

Comment

Working...
            X