3 phoenix pro 120GB failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 phoenix pro 120GB failed

My phoenix pro 120GB just died again. This one was the 3rd one that I got from the RMA process. I noticed that this one was produced in August 2012 (on the label). Is there a serious design flaw with this model or I am just extremly unlucky? I understand that GSkill honor their warranty and exchange new ones, but the RMA process takes quite a long time, and I have to pay shipping costs for each RMA too. Can I get an upgrade to the new SATA III version?

Hi hero1711,

we were sorry about the inconvenient, usually G.SKILL will cover the shipping cost after the first RMA, really don't know what's going on with your case, but you can give it a try(upgrade) to contact G.SKILL RMA and ask for it, but will not guarantee.... let me know if you need any help, will do my best to assist you.

Comment

Intertesting

My 3rd Phoenix pro died this morning (is should i saw is in death rattle mode)

Comment

We are sorry to hear that!

this three SSD died with same issue or? try secure erase the drive and re-install the firmware,
        if can't detect in BIOS, please kindly contact the RMA department and tell them about this is 3rd RMA, we will cover the shipping cost. Again, sorry for the inconvenient!

Comment

1st drive whoudl randomly work and then not work on each boot

drive #2 went door stop

drive #3 is randomly corrupting data/windows files

Comment

My 3rd Phoenix Pro 120GB SSD just died

Same thing just happened to me. This is my 3rd Phoenix Pro 120GB SSD that just died...

I even moved it to a computer that was not used very much. Now I am going to have to swap it out for a 4th drive.

G-skill Needs to replace this drive with a new (not the same model) of equal or better SSD or refund the original amount of money.

I for one is fed up with the poor support from G-Skill. There is a lemon law and potential class action law suite that will go into affect with this product.

The problems with this SSD is rampant and G-Skill are well aware of the fact. Few products have gotten worse feedback and G-Skills own data will show the same.

More importantly G-Skill should do the responsible thing and recall their product.

Comment

Hi

please let us know after you contact the RMA department, drop a note to them already!

Comment

I was promised to be given a FM-25S3-120GBP3 as the replacement. My RMA # is UR2125201. The package is on its way to Walnut CA.

Comment

Hope you can enjoy the new drive!!!

Comment

another unhappy user

All,

I was on the forum again to re-look up the RMA procedure and I wanted to chime in on this thread. My 3rd Phoenix Pro 120GB just failed about 5 minutes ago. It will work fine for a month or two, then just randomly stop working. It disappears from the BIOS setup menu like there was no SSD plugged in at all. I tried to move it from my desktop to my laptop to test, and it keeps my laptop from POSTing at all. It will just sit at the DELL BIOS screen with the loading bar about 3/4 complete and freeze.

Thankfully, I had my files backed up this time, but it is still outrageous that I have to continually re-install all of my programs every time this SSD fails. I can't trust it to store anything important at all. It's also unbelievable that for the last two RMA's it took nearly 1 month turn around before I got my replacement drive. That's 2 months so far (and an upcoming 3rd) where all my hardware is completely useless.

For my 2nd RMA, I was told they would upgrade me to a Phoenix III, but they still sent me a regular Phoenix Pro anyways. I also had to pay for shipping for both RMAs.

I'm sick and tired of this. I want a US phone number that I can call to complain. I will not accept another Phoenix Pro, I can not trust them to last more than a month, and I can barely stand to trust G.Skill again at all. I also have a Corsair Force GT, have used it for well over a year, and have never had any issue.

For reference, my previous 2x RMA #s are UR2123473 and UR2117876. My current failed drive is dated Oct 2012.

I want either a Phoenix III mailed to me overnight (I'll still return the broken one, at G.Skill's expense, but I will not wait for you to receive it for my replacement), or I want my money back.

seeker_moc
                    Last edited by seeker_moc; 01-20-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Dear seeker_moc,

We are sorry about the issue about third RMA, could you let us know who told you about the upgrade advice? please kindly contact our Tech Support if any G.SKILL Tech Support/Representative who ever told you will replace with upgrade, Tech support will handle your case asap as long as you still under 3 year warranty, G.SKILL will take the responsibility for the replacement, and we will cover the shipping cost.
                      Tech Support/RMA department email: techsupport@gskill.com / rma@gskill.com

Again, sorry for the inconvenient!

Comment

Working...
                      X