Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow performance on bootup

I recently purchased a G.skill Ripjaws KM780

When my PC boots up I get extremely slow response times, ill press a key and then it will take roughly half a second for the letter to appear, the problem usually stops after about a minute of being logged in but it is still very annoying.

Strangely though the response time is fine when typing my password to log on to my PC but as soon as i get past the log in screen that's when I have the delay.

Maybe HDD is too busy. Possibly caused by:
    Anti-Virus scanning aggressively
    too many startup apps enabled
    slow or fragmented HDD

assuming you have HDD as OS drive, or do you have SSD?
    after logging in, immediately launch Task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) and sort the list by Disk Usage.
    see what program is using your HDD the most.

Comment

Hi Shutsman,

Please do try what azeunkn0wn has suggested. Disk activity is often the case for slow boots.

Would you mind letting us know whether you have the KM780 MX or RGB version? As well as the firmware and software version you installed, and the Windows version you have. We'll have our keyboard team run through it and see it's any possible that the slowdown is caused by our software.

Alternatively, you can try an application to disable your startup programs one by one, and see which one affects the slowdown the most. CCleaner has an easy to use startup utility, or you can use "msconfig.exe" directly from the Windows command line (but this is only recommended if you're an advanced user).

Comment

Working...
      X