G.SKILL F5-7600J3646G16GX2-TZ5RS problem with new bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL F5-7600J3646G16GX2-TZ5RS problem with new bios

Good morning, could you please tell me a solution if there is one?
    The latest 2 bios versions (1402 and 1501) of the Asus Z790 Hero motherboard with G.SKILL F5-7600J3646G16GX2-TZ5RS memories
    give me hardware ram memory errors, while with bios version 1303 they work perfectly.
    Is it an Asus problem or is there some particular setting to use with the RAM memories? The processor I use is the i9 13900 KS model.
    Thank you.

The only way to make sure is to downgrade back to 1303. If the modules are fully stable with their XMP afterwards, it is a BIOS issue. In general it is not rare, that some releases are just bad for memory overlocking. Also from time to time changes to the DRAM training by the motherboard manufacturer can be beneficial for one IC type but cripple another one. In some cases that can be circumvented by manually overclocking the memory, but esp. for beginners it is easier to stick a BIOS version that they know works well for their components.
    Last edited by emissary42; 11-02-2023, 06:40 AM.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      The only way to make sure is to downgrade back to 1303. It the modules are fully stable with their XMP afterwards, it is a BIOS issue. In general it is not rare, that some releases are just bad for memory overlocking. Also from time to time changes to the DRAM training by the motherboard manufacturer can be beneficial for one IC type but cripple another one. In some cases that can be circumvented by manually overclocking the memory, but esp. for beginners it is easier to stick a BIOS version that they know works well for their components.
      Thanks for the reply. In your experience, am I at risk of no longer being able to even update future bios, or will Asus resolve this incompatibility? Furthermore, I am not able to set manually outside of XMP.

Comment

Usually compatibility is restored eventually, esp if they receive feedback about the issue. Very rarely you might end up being stuck with older releases. That happened to me with the Maximus XI Gene, that was unable to run dual rank S8B at 4000+ with newer releases (confirmed with multiple kits from the ASUS & G.SKILL QVL). It sux when it happens, but unless you have to upgrade the BIOS because of CPU support, in most cases it is not that big of an issue.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I tried another brand of RAM, same problem.

Comment

Working...
          X