Product Number difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Number difference?

Hello guys, hope you are all doing fine!
    I'd like to ask what's the difference between these 2 kits as they are separated even though they are both 2x16GB same speed, latencies etc. Where's the difference?
    https://www.gskill.com/product/165/3...39G16GA2-TZ5RK
    https://www.gskill.com/product/165/3...39G32GX2-TZ5RK

Is it just cause of the 64 v 32 gb difference? Shouldn't it be just 1 part number? What's the "GX2" and "GA2" stands for?

Different module/kit sizes will always have different SKU, since the "16G" and "32G" in the part number are the module capacities.

The GX2 and GA2 spec are identical as per official DRAM FAQ. So that is why they can share a product page & QVL.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      Different module/kit sizes will always have different SKU, since the "16G" and "32G" in the part number are the module capacities.

The GX2 and GA2 spec are identical as per official DRAM FAQ. So that is why they can share a product page & QVL.
      Thanks for the answer! So if I understand this correctly, one SKU is for the single ram stick while the other one (16G) is for the dual sticks, right?

Comment

No, those are both SKUs of dual kits. The first is 2x16GB, the second link is 2x32GB.

Comment

No, those are both SKUs of dual kits. The first is 2x16GB, the second link is 2x32GB.
          Yeah that's right but my question was about a different thing, it was about the name of the product sorry for my mistake.

For the 64GB it's "F5-6400J3239G32GX2-TZ5RK"
          but for 32GB it's "
          F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RK F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RK"

What's the difference there? 2 different versions? And if so what changes? The die?

Comment

The FAQ explains how the part number is constructed:

https://www.gskill.com/faq/1502180912/DRAM-Memory

and that there is no difference between the -GX2 and -GA2 models. It has nothing to do with the die revision of the ICs.

Comment

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

Comment

The FAQ explains how the part number is constructed:

https://www.gskill.com/faq/1502180912/DRAM-Memory

and that there is no difference between the -GX2 and -GA2 models. It has nothing to do with the die revision of the ICs.
                Unfortunately my kit came dead on arrival as the RGB LEDs on one of the two sticks were burnt (never worked / turned on) so I was forced to send them back.
                I'm disappointed by the quality control, I think it's irresponsible for any kit to slip with burnt LEDs. Faulty PCB, i can take that, but the LEDs are easy to check. And it was a new kit (I suppose) as the sticker said "Jan 2023".

Hopefully the next one will be fine and run rock solid.

Comment

Yeah, that sucks. If they didn't light up with the default rainbow theme during the first power up, there is nothing you can do about that. So just return them. It never happened to me, but maybe I still have not bought enough kits yet

Not really sure why you quoted me there, though. At least I don't see any relation to my post?

Comment

Yeah, that sucks. If they didn't light up with the default rainbow theme during the first power up, there is nothing you can do about that. So just return them. It never happened to me, but maybe I still have not bought enough kits yet

Not really sure why you quoted me there, though. At least I don't see any relation to my post?
                    Exactly what happened!

Comment

Working...
                    X